• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 Rear Skid

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Looking to run a two wheel axle kit and then larger 9" or 10" wheels on my 900. Is it better to go with stock rails and put the axle kit on that, along with the "blocks" to run the lager wheels. Or..... get custom rails from IceAge MFG and have it all nice and solid one piece?

Does anybody have any info or a link as to where I could find info on running larger rear wheels? I have seen pictures of sleds that have the pieces required to run the larger wheels, but can't seem to find a place that says more about them.

Thanks,

Nolan

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Nolan..

i have the EXACT setup as the silverado above..MMP wheel (9") and MMP freedom axle..excellent quality and fitment..i removed the bogie wheels and used the Holz Rail Brace also..

BUT..i do think the ICEAGE rails are SICK and by far the best rails around..but you will pay for sure..they are like $350/each rail..plus the bog wheels, plus you have to get the straight axle..so your into it $800-1000 just for that..

so depends on your budget..but stock rails (with brace) and MMP axle/wheels, and have the rails painted and your money in the bank..

i would skip ythe rails and stick the money into the Holz Skid..IMO..

Cant wait to see your sled done man..damn you..lol..

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
guido, I just check Ice Age's site and this is what I found....

"Rails are sold in pairs (i.e. if you need 1 pair, select "1" on quantity drop bar). Displayed weight is the shipping weight, not the actual product weight. IRMK1558 shown in picture."

If that's the case, $350 isn't too bad. I may do that myself when I put the 163 on this summer.

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
guido, I just check Ice Age's site and this is what I found....

"Rails are sold in pairs (i.e. if you need 1 pair, select "1" on quantity drop bar). Displayed weight is the shipping weight, not the actual product weight. IRMK1558 shown in picture."

If that's the case, $350 isn't too bad. I may do that myself when I put the 163 on this summer.

If this is true then I will go that route because right now is their sale so everything is %20 off. So a SET of rails is $280

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
high..yep appears your correct..i could have sworn i asked them that before and they said it was each..but i may have mis-undertood them..;)

Nolan..yeh man..i see the 20%..its only for april though but shoot...$280/free shipping..shoot...ytou cant beat that..i would go that route if thats the case...you can ge them anodized in black.red, or whatever but its more $$..

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
yea, I've been talking with Kyle over at IceAge and they have been helping me out with alot. A+ customer service in my eyes. Their rear axle, wheels, and rails is one option I am looking at and am running out of time with the April sale. I won't be going with the anodizing because I plan to paint/powdercoat everything this summer so it would all be covered anyways.

Anybody know if MMP's wheels are compatiable with the 2 wheel axle kit made by IceAge.

Has anybody seen a set of 10" wheels around anywhere? (btw...what is the stock size on the 900's?)

-Nolan

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
any wheel will fit the axles...just depends on the bearing size...you can get them with a 20mm bearing or a 25mm bearing..just ask iceage what they use and order the bearing for the wheels after that..

i think the stock 900 wheels are 7 3/8" or so...i have the 9" and they look sick..with the 151 track i dont think 10" would be good..you could hit your tunnel when fully compressed..unless you did drop brackets..9" could be close too, but i have the 166"..i can run 20s, LOL..

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
Sean...you thinking about rollin on dubs next winter?;)

Not hijack the thread, but has anyone had issues running the 9 inchers on the 151" track. I have heard mixed reviews on them hitting the tunnel then others not. I would like to keep it safe rather than to be stranded on the hill if one breaks and/or breaks something. The bling factor the MMP 9's are definelty awesome though!!!!:beer;

Jack

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
Sean...you thinking about rollin on dubs next winter?;)

Not hijack the thread, but has anyone had issues running the 9 inchers on the 151" track. I have heard mixed reviews on them hitting the tunnel then others not. I would like to keep it safe rather than to be stranded on the hill if one breaks and/or breaks something. The bling factor the MMP 9's are definelty awesome though!!!!:beer;

Jack

ttt

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Call MMP and Ice Age to get your bearing size and to make sure the wheels will not ride lower than they should...bigger diameter = need for offsets. Excellent service from both should make this easiest route?
9" works well with 166" Have seen 10" only on 174":eek:

sledding 020.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features