• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 king cat limp mode

F

Fiddy

Dec 17, 2007
remsen iowa
Thus thing driving me nuts. Its going into limp mode but not flashing any codes. I did the bdx valve delete still had problem swapped out ecu from buddies sled still had problem a local mechanic at the dealer said try a temp sensor because when bad it will not flash code. Still have problem I ordered a wiring harness to try that any other suggestions ?

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
I assume that when you did he powervalve delete you installed the plug in the wire harness so it thinks the servo motor is still there. Have you checked to see that the light on your gauge isnt burned out? maybe it is flashing a code but your light bulb is toast? I had a issue with mine 900 cat, turned out being the wire harness was rubbed through where it went under the oil tank.

F

Fiddy

Dec 17, 2007
remsen iowa
Rixter yes I got the complete bdx kit with resister I unhooked the air temp sensor and the light flashed three times like it suppose to

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Are you sure it is going in to limp mode? I mean, maybe you have something that when it gets hot enough it starts acting up. Like a bad spark plug cap, or maybe the stator is going bad and your loosing spark or fuel pump or who knows what else.

F

Fiddy

Dec 17, 2007
remsen iowa
t a starts right up runs on both cylinders when you get on the throttle it drops a cylinder and its wet . Thought about stator do u know what it suppose to ohm at

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Aw, yes, I remember this problem. I don't remember the fix but someone on here will. Try a new post about your 900 dropping a cylinder. You get the answer quick.

Premium Features