• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 to 900 conversion?

C
Jan 22, 2013
so I have my chassis pretty much put together for now, and its time to move onto the motor. The original bottom end is out of a 02 zr 800 efi and I would like to convert it to a 900 and stick with the efi currently I have the 900 cylinders and a 900 rk tech head. can anyone else fill me in on what else is needed to do this swap?

Also i plan on doing oil injection delete to free up weight is this still possible with the efi? and with the 13:1 compression rk tech head will i need a fuel controller to run it or will it be fine without?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Arcticatdan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Newport, WA
Get ahold of Arcticatwill. We did his 800 to 900 efi. We added fuel presure and a timing key installed backwards to retard timing and all worked great.

S

stanredrider

Dec 9, 2007
Shouldn't have any problems, I did this on my old 800 went with the 883 bore on it after scoring a cylinder. You will need a fuel controller but other than that pretty simple. That sled was a runner once I got it dialed in, kinda wish I still had it.

Premium Features