• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

7S

N

nelsoj1

Dec 4, 2007
MN
Rode three days last week. First day Group Ride worked great with other 7S in group. Next two days they would not connect for a group ride. Any ideas?

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
I have had some issues with mine not loading trails and and other marks and just random stuff. Checking connections I found the tab on the deutsch connector was broken causing the connector to be lose. I have temp fixed the problem and have a new connector on the way to repin in. Polaris only sells the harness from what I can tell. I haven't got out to ride since however in the garage it is showing all the local trails and stuff around the area so thinking that may have been it.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
our group has 4 7s sleds in it. they are totally random who can track who and when they are picked up
pretty lame.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Dealer is replacing the antenna on mine under warranty. (If it ever arrives)

Zero mapping or tracking available.

Just says “searching for satellites”

R
Jan 3, 2018
Lake Tahoe
Knock on wood, we have 3 in our group and tracking and trails work flawlessly. Actually amazed how well it works. Makes searching for your lost friend a thing of the past. Honestly, hate to bring up a sore subject, but a 7s Ride Command like system may have saved Ken Blocks life if reports I read are correct. Took his group 30mins to find him is what I read but I have no factual facts on that. But 30mins is not survivable under the snow as we all know.

I have seen other issues like electric start sleds 7s won't turn off. Not sure about pull start sleds. Even when key is off and kill switch is off 7s stays on. Does not shut down and need to unplug main harness under hood. Working with local shop where the owner and 3 other customers are seeing the same issue with their sleds. Shop owner is working with Polaris to see if they can figure it out. We believe it is moisture issue as it's has been dumping for a month and a half in our mountains. But still in the works to troubleshoot.

I would say most 7s issues are related to moisture. Dielectric grease all plugs.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
That sucks that folks are having issues with the 7S. Especially for the huge premium it costs. Seems to be great if it works.

Meanwhile, my standard gauge is flawless.

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
I think some of the problem is how its mounted. The hood has a lot or more vibration than and Axys hood. The size of the glove box is an easy target for side impact from tight trees. Rolling sleds over can rock around the lid also. Maybe it is none of those and is a quality issue? It is a cool concept and one I thought I would never have. Now that I do, I like it.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Buddy's sled didn't have the sat or sled antenna cables connected. Blue and mustard cables under the hood not connected. Easy fix. Obviously, if the tracking worked at one point this isn't the problem. I also had to leave the group and come back in because tracking was lost. I think it was because we were playing with the screen at lunch. 7S is incredible. As a friend said, if Doo gave Polaris the shot and Polaris gave Doo the 7S everyone would be happy!

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
The group ride is awesome, if I was Polaris, I wouldn’t give it to Ski Doo for SHOT. Maybe SHOT plus many millions.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
we still can't figure it out. we have tried everything. new group rides, made sure sharing is enabled, left groups, cleared all groups, started fresh, left key on, etc...
some sleds can see the groups and join them, but then it only shows that sled in the group, not the others. once in a while, on sled will show another and track it. it is so random.
these are all brand new sleds with build dates middle of last month.
it seems to me like we are missing a step.
ideas?

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
The updates are easy to do. USB drive make sure it has plenty of room. Download and save to USB drive stick and update. USB drive plugs in to the adapter plug behind screen. Go to Allsettings General under that it has update trails or update software. The above link has the updates.

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
looking forward to the new guage that polaris will supply. no wifi on mine. back to dealer this summer.

C
Dec 14, 2020
The group ride is awesome, if I was Polaris, I wouldn’t give it to Ski Doo for SHOT. Maybe SHOT plus many millions.

Can't do SHOT without direct injection which has its own issues.

They have their own display now anyways. It doesn't seem to work, but they have it.

I personally would rather have a standard gauge and just add a trail tech for gps. As a bonus I can move the trail tech between machines with each machine having it's own wiring harness and mount it's a 30 second switch.

Premium Features