• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

700 non VES twin pipe setups

O
Nov 27, 2007
Rimbey
I got a 99 SKS with a 151 track on it that I have owned for close to 10 years, I now have an 09 800, so the old girl basically stays at home for my wife to ride around. It has PSI center dump pipes, milled head, 21:39 gears and a R12 helix (51/36 I think) with stock secondary spring, and a 140/330 primary with 10-62, at around 2800 ft. I always used to run an attack compensator on it for when I was taking it out west lots and it worked flawlessly for me for 4-5 years. Now, since this sled will never go to the mountains again (too wore out with close to 10,000kms on it) I sold the attack and jetted it 210/215 with the stock needles. It pulls really good on hard packed right up to 8250rpm, but if I get into a few inches of loose stuff it slows right down and am only getting 7800 rpm???? I have never set this thing up to really ride around home so the helix and gears are new, and I think the jetting is still too fat. Is it too much helix? and am I close with the jetting? Ever since I have ran these pipes it has been a love/hate thing with how they run, but it is what I have and am not spending any more $$$ on it now I have the 09 to play with. Just looking for a good,fast, flatland setup for the old girl now, hopefully beat up on some of my buddies on 800 Cats drag racing on the sloughs and stubble fields at home. Any suggestions?

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Have you replaced the driven spring?

Just sounds like the secondary needs tightened a titch, what hole is the spring in?

sled_guy

O
Nov 27, 2007
Rimbey
secondary spring is fairly new and is in hole 2 I think. That was kinda what I was going to try next. Thanks Sled Guy, any more thoughts out there?

Premium Features