• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

700/800 CFI crank failures

S
Dec 13, 2007
midwest
Just got back from the Bear this past weekend and was out in High Country getting fuel and spoke to a guy sitting there waiting for a sled to show up and I asked him what happened and he said that the PTO end of the crank on his Dragon 700 had broke off. I told him that I thought that those days were long gone and he said not yet because that this was the 4th one in their fleet that had it happened.:confused:

I have been thinking about ordering a new 09 800 155 but this has got me a little hesitant, anyone else hear anything like this or is this just an isolated case.

-Seeder

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
Have a buddy in west yellowstone who runs a rental fleet he keep 4 of his last year dragon's and they have between 5000-6000 miles know problems at all except the stupid WE shocks. He also is running 15 08 700 and 2 08 800 and not one broken crank to speak of. Guess the dude with four in his fleet must have some bad luck or maybe using some bad oil!!!!!!!!!!!
D

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
Just got back from the Bear this past weekend and was out in High Country getting fuel and spoke to a guy sitting there waiting for a sled to show up and I asked him what happened and he said that the PTO end of the crank on his Dragon 700 had broke off. I told him that I thought that those days were long gone and he said not yet because that this was the 4th one in their fleet that had it happened.:confused:

I have been thinking about ordering a new 09 800 155 but this has got me a little hesitant, anyone else hear anything like this or is this just an isolated case.

-Seeder

Whose fleet was it?

B
Feb 13, 2011

-Seeder
I would not buy a new polaris till they get the crank problem worked out. I have 1700 miles on mine and the crank broke just like everybody elses, and polaris wont do anything about it because it is over 1 year old. If we keep buying there sleds they will just keep selling us new cranks.

Premium Features