• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 Model Blending/deciphering

S
Feb 7, 2010
Could someone with lots of spare snowmobile time (maybe Christopher) build a handy spreadsheet that list all the mountain models and their differences/options so us ADHD/ADD types can figure out what sled we want to snow check this year.

They all seem so close in similarity I get confused on what model has what setups as I flip between pages on the web looking at specs….

Was hoping for something more than a production 146” Turbo Freeride. Been riding one of those for a few years and it is definitely an amazingly capable Mtn Sled. Not upgrading to the factory version as I just don’t think I can handle the teal!

G
Feb 9, 2014
Shuswap
You know they make a spec sheet just for this, right?
I'll save you having to find them. Here you go.

Attachments

• SKI-MY24-SUM-X-SPEC-ENNA-Page-PDFx.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 67
  • SKI-MY24-SUM-X-EXP-SPEC-ENNA-Page-PDFx.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 27
  • SKI-MY24-FREE-SPEC-ENNA-Page-PDFx.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 31

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Do you want T-motion?

If Yes - X, Adrenaline Edge, or Adrenaline.
Do you want Short Tunnel?
If Yes - X or Edge
If No - Adrenaline

X and Edge are very similar, the X gained a few of the Expert features this year like the short riser and adjustable limiter strap, and a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head, maybe the adjustable brake lever and the aluminum brake reservoir? Pretty sure SHOT standard on the edge and an option on the X, at least that's how it's been the last couple years but maybe it's standard on the X now.

If No - Expert or Freeride
Do you want a beefed up suspension for hitting jumps and drops and hammering whoops?
If Yes - Freeride
If No - Expert

Freeride now has different spindles and a 15" wide track, as well as the KYB Pro-40 shocks. Still 36" Wide stance vs. the 34" on the Expert. Both now have the DS4 skis which I haven't heard good things about.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Could someone with lots of spare snowmobile time (maybe Christopher) build a handy spreadsheet that list all the mountain models and their differences/options so us ADHD/ADD types can figure out what sled we want to snow check this year.
Another alternative might be for you to DESCRIBE in some detail exactly what kind of riding you like to do and ask for best suggestions for the sled that most closely matches your intent.

G

gorillam

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 28, 2017
It doesn't matter because you track rods will break so you get a flex edge, and your chain case chain will explode when you decide to enjoy life and party instead of doing maintenance. It's all the same sled at the end of the day lol.

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
Another alternative might be for you to DESCRIBE in some detail exactly what kind of riding you like to do and ask for best suggestions for the sled that most closely matches your intent.
Does anyone here have a lot of hood deep powder miles on a g5 154 turbo? I’ve been on mostly 163/5 doos since 2008 and only 165 turbos and I’m interested in the jumping and “flickability” of a 154 but I’ve ridden 15+ days with over the hood snow this year and am wondering how a 154x15 or 16 will do against my current 165x16. I ride a lot of very steep trees at 10-12k feet, does the 154 turbo hold lines well and climb like a 165? I know good riders can ride anything but does anyone have a lot of ride time comparing the 54 and 65 turbos in very deep snow? How much harder is the 154 to ride in those conditions?

S
Feb 7, 2010
Christopher

Thanks for the input . I wasn’t really looking for help making my decision, more an easy to compare chart like ryanjeri presented.

My purpose was to quickly analyze the differences in all the models, as many have a lot of crossover pieces, and compare price points accordingly. With the crazy price of sleds these days dialing my sled in the way I like it often can be done cheaper with a combination of aftermarket upgrades and factory options. Saving a few hundred bucks here and there adds up by the time we are done making our sleds, ours!

For example buying a sled with tmotion and locking it out, or adding aftermarket turbo to NA, buying model with poor shocks and adding aftermarket’s. Haven’t truly analyzed the price of these exact items but hopefully you have a better understanding of the reasons for my initial post.

As you commented in another post just because it’s the summit x expert and has all the “best” stuff doesn’t make it what we all want! Example I’m a really tall 6’7” guy so the 4.7” riser is a back breaker for me. First thing to come off. Amazing what 1.3” taller does for me in rideability and how I feel at the end of the day. Shorter people that may be one thing they are looking for….

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Does anyone here have a lot of hood deep powder miles on a g5 154 turbo? I’ve been on mostly 163/5 doos since 2008 and only 165 turbos and I’m interested in the jumping and “flickability” of a 154 but I’ve ridden 15+ days with over the hood snow this year and am wondering how a 154x15 or 16 will do against my current 165x16. I ride a lot of very steep trees at 10-12k feet, does the 154 turbo hold lines well and climb like a 165? I know good riders can ride anything but does anyone have a lot of ride time comparing the 54 and 65 turbos in very deep snow? How much harder is the 154 to ride in those conditions?

Borrowed a buddy's 23 G5 154 Turbo Expert and was over the hood all day. Had no issues and I'm around 200 lbs. I'm jealous you get that many good days though!

If your comparing the Turbo to a longer track NA, it is no comparison. That sled seemed to generate track speed in the mid 50s MPH and that was around 9000 ft. From what I've seen, the turbo would destroy a 165 or 175 NA. No comparison.

I haven't seen a 154 vs 165 vs 175 all Turbo on a hill to compare the tracks there.

I will say that 154 is a wheelie machine. I let the limiter out as I find it hard to ride with the limiter sucked up. Too much ski pressure. I think the limiter out with shock clicker and preload adjustments is probably the best setup.

If you do not like to carry the skis, don't get the 154. I would say that could be challenging in steep technical terrain but I've always preferred the 153-155. It would be interesting to ride one side by with the 165. I assume the 165 would keep the skis down better but hard to say if you would lose some flickability.

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
Borrowed a buddy's 23 G5 154 Turbo Expert and was over the hood all day. Had no issues and I'm around 200 lbs. I'm jealous you get that many good days though!

If your comparing the Turbo to a longer track NA, it is no comparison. That sled seemed to generate track speed in the mid 50s MPH and that was around 9000 ft. From what I've seen, the turbo would destroy a 165 or 175 NA. No comparison.

I haven't seen a 154 vs 165 vs 175 all Turbo on a hill to compare the tracks there.

I will say that 154 is a wheelie machine. I let the limiter out as I find it hard to ride with the limiter sucked up. Too much ski pressure. I think the limiter out with shock clicker and preload adjustments is probably the best setup.

If you do not like to carry the skis, don't get the 154. I would say that could be challenging in steep technical terrain but I've always preferred the 153-155. It would be interesting to ride one side by with the 165. I assume the 165 would keep the skis down better but hard to say if you would lose some flickability.
I’ve been on 165 turbos since the 2020.5 and normally have the skis off the snow but it doesn’t get stuck much. I’ve ridden an x and expert 154 na g5 but not a turbo.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
I’ve been on 165 turbos since the 2020.5 and normally have the skis off the snow but it doesn’t get stuck much. I’ve ridden an x and expert 154 na g5 but not a turbo.

I haven’t spent any significant amount of time on a 154 Turbo but ride with them. They are balls to the wall when it’s deep. Main reason I like my 165 I have a choice if I want to go 45mph through the trees not because I have to. The G5 turbo has made the 165 more playful where a guy can tear up a face if he chooses to. Is it as playful as a 154 nope but will also out-climb and out perform in deep snow. If you ride for handlebar deep days and exploring I say 165 but if you want to spend an afternoon doing hopovers and bow ties on a face I say 154 IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Love free ride model but colors are hideous - love summit x tan color
What are main difference between those - just tunnel length??

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Love free ride model but colors are hideous - love summit x tan color
What are main difference between those - just tunnel length??

Freeride doesn't have T-Motion, has a 15" wide track, 36" front end, and KYB Pro-40 shocks I also saw something saying the shocks are now valves much stiffer. Also Freeride comes with SHOT standard.

X has T-motion, 16" wide track, 34" front end, basic rebuildable kyb shocks. X also has the adjustable limiter strap, SHOT is an extra option.

newfrank

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks !
I just can’t believe they don’t have another color option for free-ride

The freeride has always only had 1 colour option, take it or leave it. It’s just the way it is.

Premium Features