• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Polaris 850 low idle

Matthew runge

Goldy
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2018
Minnesota
Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the idle on one of these 850s I am tired of having to give the flipper a little gas to start the sled hot on the hill. It is only idling at about 1300 at hi elevation and 1600 at sea level

D
Mar 16, 2019
I would recommend doing a compression check first. Had the same problem, including engine dying when trying to put it in reverse, on an ‘18 Axys 800 SBA only to find out my PTO side cylinder was extremely low. As far as an actual procedure I’m aware of one that requires a multimeter and an external power supply to adjust the potentiometer, but that was for the 800. I’ll share for reference once I find it.

C
Jan 14, 2020
I would recommend doing a compression check first. Had the same problem, including engine dying when trying to put it in reverse, on an ‘18 Axys 800 SBA only to find out my PTO side cylinder was extremely low. As far as an actual procedure I’m aware of one that requires a multimeter and an external power supply to adjust the potentiometer, but that was for the 800. I’ll share for reference once I find it.

With or without a belt installed? If it is idling at 1600-1800 without a belt installed it means your belt is too tight

Matthew runge

Goldy
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2018
Minnesota
Yeah I am sick of having to give it a little throttle when hot starting on the hill too it needs a higher idle it is worse at 11,000 ft too

L
Mar 11, 2023
Ohio
I’ve had low idle issue for quite a while. Most of the time would have difficulty starting sled. It would take four pulls many times, sled finally threw a code for low fuel pressure maximum. Currently getting repairs done, I would check fuel pressure

Premium Features