• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 blast clutch questions

P
Dec 15, 2018
I have one and need to do the altitude weights. Can I do it on the machine without removing primary? Iam new so have no experience with snowmobile mechanics but have alot of other mechanical experience. I have the weights but the secondary clutch sheve tool for removing belt is in back order and so is the primary clutch removal tool. At least from my dealer. Thanks for any advice !!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
They drilled mine because the weights are on backorder. Wayne has the tool. Have him do it for you. It pulls 7200 but supposed to pull 7500. Don't think they figured on people riding them over 9000 feet. It also seems like they are thrown into to high a gear right out of the gate. They also need a bumper which i thought was stupid out of the gate. My daughter just broke her hood. A bumper would have saved it. Wide front end wants to right itself back flat. The alpha is far from that.
A little more thought could have been put in these.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Hmmm....well I wish I knew more about snowmobiles! I will say with all honesty that the blast is easier for ME to ride than the 16 m6 lol. I actually like riding it. Maybe cause it's just not intimidating to me. I will also say it gets stuck eve. Whe. Iam doing stuff right and mine boggs real bad . Wayne was the one who told me to do the clutch weights and I picked them up from yellowstone allready. I'll call him and see about the service. Another dealer in Cody said he's been doing clutching and fuel stuff and suspension for a client t and has them running good but to you 800-850 guys iam sure it's kinda just dumb lol. Thanks! I'd still like to know if I can do the weights on the machine?

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Pull belt, pry clutch open with something that won’t gouge it, I use a 3/8 drive extension myself, then jam a socket in to keep clutch open. This lets you remove and add weight’s and allows you to spin clutch with socket holding it open so pry bar isn’t in the way.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks IDspud! These little machines have a cvtech trailbloc primary. So I THINK they are a bit different than the larger clutches. I only can find videos from four wheeler guys but iam pretty sure they are the same. I have a bad habit of wrecking stuff by just "trying" lol. But oll ask around a d see if iam good. I'll post a video on these if someday your four wheeler needs a tune! Lol! Thanks. I've just got it in my head now to do some things to the snowmobiles so I can learn and it's fun too. I THINK...I can loosen belt and just un bolt the top half of the clutch on the machine without taking the whole thing off? May suck to Bala ce the weights in while I reassemble but I don't thunk so?

Premium Features