• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 RMK Pro 600 155”

Having serious issues with overheating. 400 miles on the sled. Sled had a 2.4 track and it was upgraded to a 2.6 track. Great traction with the 2.6.

On a cold, single digit day and with a longer radiator (MNTTK), it overheats up to 190 in most conditions. Is this track doing this?

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Do you run scratchers? Ambient air temp means little compared to getting snow/ice on the coolers. Did you say you HAVE the mtntk cooler in the sled already? That is definitely not right even without the cooler if you are running scratchers and throwing up a decent spray... there is air in your cooling system somewhere. It can be difficult to get it out once you open the system. It is not just a fill-and-ride proposition...

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I've never bled the coolant system but I seem to recall someone else saying you gotta elevate the front end and open it up. I'm sure you could search up a better write up for how it is done. My old 600 ran quite a bit cooler than my 800 and I haven't seen more than 150 on my 800.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I've never bled the coolant system but I seem to recall someone else saying you gotta elevate the front end and open it up. I'm sure you could search up a better write up for how it is done. My old 600 ran quite a bit cooler than my 800 and I haven't seen more than 150 on my 800.
I had my Dragon heat up after having to drain / refill coolant, with scratchers kept hitting 190, tipped sled on its left side while idling and carefully opened the bleed screw on the thermostat, put it flat, repeat, then it was good to go from then on, back to normal.

Haven't done it on my Axys yet but have a mtntk cooler I want to install and then I will find out for sure. I thought they had instructions / recommendaitons on how to bleed it out with that cooler install instructions. Have to double check. the instrucitons are on their website too.

Premium Features