• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Rmk Assault Handling

A
Mar 16, 2019
Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with suspension setup for a 2017 Rmk Assault. I am planning to use it as a crossover sled, we do get alot of snow here which is why I choose the 155/ 3 inch track. The sled is set up to factory right now. When I turn I have alot of ski pressure, and when I get to the middle of the turn it seems to want to push the outside ski down and roll.
Is this because of not having a sway bar , or too much preload on the rear track shock?
Thanks

J
Nov 25, 2019
Not having a sway bar will make it want to roll easier. Have you adjusted the suspension or is it still at factory settings?

A
Mar 16, 2019
It is set all to factory settings, I just found it a little unnerving to loose the front end like that, and was wondering if that was the nature of the beast. I will try to stiffen the ski shock spring preload, and maybe loosen the rear track shock.
Is there any sway bars available for this sled?

J
Nov 25, 2019
G

Gunit111

Mar 9, 2021
Alberta
Stiffening the front shocks will raise the front end, making your problem worse. Lower both ends would help. Stiffer shock setting will slow the process some what. Swaybar is your best bet.

Premium Features