• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 rmk 800 boondocker sidekick

J
Feb 20, 2020
I have Keith Curtis' 2016 rmk with boondocker sidekick on it, I am the sled's 3rd owner. I live in Munising Michigan and the elevation is only 670 feet above sea level. It shows a det code on lcd screen only at WOT, turn sled off, it goes away. It's turning about 8450 to 8500 rpm. Runs great right up until WOT, it has 68 gram weights in it. My question is, is it turning too many RPM's, little heavier weights required? Do I need to send in sidekick module for new elevation specs. Sled was only ridden out west in mountains. Thanks for your time Forum.

N
Aug 27, 2012
Bend, OR
Do you have the ability to record on your gauge? Sometimes this will show higher R's than what you see when riding it. I would guess you need more weight, the stock sled should pull that weight without a turbo. Call Boondocker and ask them for a weight recommendation for your elevation, my guess would be in the 72g range.
Ian

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have Keith Curtis' 2016 rmk with boondocker sidekick on it, I am the sled's 3rd owner. I live in Munising Michigan and the elevation is only 670 feet above sea level. It shows a det code on lcd screen only at WOT, turn sled off, it goes away. It's turning about 8450 to 8500 rpm. Runs great right up until WOT, it has 68 gram weights in it. My question is, is it turning too many RPM's, little heavier weights required? Do I need to send in sidekick module for new elevation specs. Sled was only ridden out west in mountains. Thanks for your time Forum.

What fuel are you running?

J
Feb 20, 2020
Do you have the ability to record on your gauge? Sometimes this will show higher R's than what you see when riding it. I would guess you need more weight, the stock sled should pull that weight without a turbo. Call Boondocker and ask them for a weight recommendation for your elevation, my guess would be in the 72g range.
Ian
I do not think I have the ability to record on the gauge, thanks for the tip, I have some 70 and 72 gram weights somewhere.

J
Feb 20, 2020
91 non ethanol
I should say it looks like it was one of keith Curtis's sleds from 16, title says keith Curtis racing llc on it. Looks like you might know a lot about this set up, ant help would be greatly appreciated. Next step, little more weight and add some race fuel

go-on-two

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
bc canada
Minimum 50-50 Av and 91 or higher, and you should be spinning 76-78g poo weights.
I am running from 4-7000' with a BD pumper and spinning 78.6g MTX @ 8300ish.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
You're describing an overrev that bumps the rev limiter, displays as det. Start with the primary, spring and weights - as stated, the weights are really light for <1000, you must have a high altitude setup (unless the compressor is running backwards ;)). Did the person you bought it from give you any fuel and clutch setup insights? Keith might even help off his FB page. If you think it rocks now up to WOT, get the fuel and clutching figured out, and hang on.

Premium Features