• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 m8000 spindle upgrade

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
Hey guys, going through a separation and needed to keep my head busy and picked up a 14 m8000 162 that im going to mod into a 141 lightweight backflip toy. SO my homies at cat hooked me up with a bunch of parts and well this sled still has the 38'' skis stance on it.... I had on my old 15 cat a set of zbros 38'' upper control arms and they are discontinued! Does anyone know if cat has a 38'' upper control arm that fits with the 16+ spindles?

Considering other options but will have a limited budget on this build for awhile lol

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I am running the Zbroz 38" uppers as well. Sucks they discontinued those if I ever bend one, but I suppose those sleds are 7 years behind technology and they had to stop at some point.

Only other option I know of is Cat had kits like this that have the upper a-arms you're looking for. https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-c...-inch-conversion-kit-black-orange-2013-2015-m Not sure if a dealer could look up the individual part numbers for the upper a-arms for you and see if available from Cat.

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
I am running the Zbroz 38" uppers as well. Sucks they discontinued those if I ever bend one, but I suppose those sleds are 7 years behind technology and they had to stop at some point.

Only other option I know of is Cat had kits like this that have the upper a-arms you're looking for. https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-c...-inch-conversion-kit-black-orange-2013-2015-m Not sure if a dealer could look up the individual part numbers for the upper a-arms for you and see if available from Cat.
Interesting fact.. the new venom/blast is a 38" front end. id be curious to see if they will mount up direct to an ascender or proclimb. do you know if the proclimmb / ascender chassis are the same mounting points?

I dont have the proclimb yet otherwise id compare it to my 18 mountain cat

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
That's good to know! Blast uses same bulkhead as Proclimb and Ascender so a-arms should bolt up I'd think.

Premium Features