• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 high idol and cuts out.

T
Feb 28, 2017
Chino Valley AZ
Hello, I've developed a small issue with one of my sleds. 2012 standard rmk 800. It has ran great for the last couple of years. This season I have a small issue that I need to fix. After it warms up it wants to idol up to high, 3k plus rpm, almost wants to engage the clutch. It also will not let it go into reverse when the idol is that high however I think that is by design. I have to shut it off, restart then put it in reverse quickly and repeat for taking it back out of reverse. It also will cut out on me for just a second when I go from a dead stop to full throttle. It clears and comes right back and will run at 65 mph at 8k rpm with no issue after that.
I would take it to a dealership but Im about 5 plus hours away from any that could help me. Im a good mechanic in general and have no issues with repairs once I know where Im going. I just don't want to throw parts at it guessing.
Any help from those who know would be great!
Thank you.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
you have to make sure the throttle plates are closed so pull the air box. spray starter fluid or use plain water in a spray bottle . spray around the crank seals and intake boots , but i really feel the throttle plate has a issue
\

czimpel

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2012
Start with the above items, then also TPS adjustment or possibly reeds.

Premium Features