• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Pro RMK 155 V/S 2011 Assault Switchback 144

B

boatingbent

Dec 18, 2009
Spring valley minnesota
Had my mind set on buying a Pro 155 But after talking to my dealer he thinks I might be better off with the Assault Switchback 144....I live in Minnesota and do mostly Groomed trail riding here and then I go out west in the Powder ones per year for 4 or 5 Days .....My dealer is mostly worried about keeping the Pro cool on the trail here .......If the Assault came with a bigger lug Track (standard is 1.35)....I am thinking thats the route I need to go .....We have already agreed on a trade in price on both machine`s and even though the Assault is more money he agreed to do the assault for the same trade in as the pro ...So I just need to make my Decision...

T
Dec 25, 2007
you can always swap tracks out. Buy the 2"+ paddles for the yearly trips and rack up the trail miles on the shorter lug. Haven't done it on a Pro yet, but in the past it took about 3-4hrs with a couple guys shootin' the breeze and wrenchin'. From personal experience, 2" or more like on the Pro RMK is way too much for way too little snow in most trail situations. The track will come flying apart on you prematurely.....not that great for overall speed or hyfax life either. You would need a shorter lug (could buy that way too I suppose). MH posted a while back about the standard RMK having more cooling capacity than the Pro as it has a front cooler. Have you looked into that? For either sled a set of scratchers is a must and would help keep temps down. I do agree a bit with the dealer; if you can stand not hitting the highest peaks (or having to work harder to get there), then the assault is probably what you want considering your balance of riding styles. Either is a neat machine that I would love to have any day....

Premium Features