• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Polaris any ideas????

N
Jan 31, 2008
Libby, MT
I was just invited to a demo ride in Whitefish. Sounds like Polaris is going to let us ride one of there 2011 sleds. However they are not giving us any ideas on what it will be. Do any of you have any ideas on what this sled will be? Lets hope something with a big motor, or maybe the Rush with a long track?????
Dose anyone know something I dont?

G
Jan 31, 2010
Already seen a rush with mountain tunnel. It has a 08 700 engine in it......cost the guy $28000 after buying and doing mods and getting engine.......WASTE. but looks cool

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Weekend before Christmas I met a rush with 800 stickers and a mtn tunnel right at snowy mtn lodge turnoff. We were headed to the trailers, he was going up the mtn.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Prior Lake, MN
Thats the 800 Rush in short Track form. I have seen both the RMK and the Rush and both look cool. The shorty looks that same except it is red with black structure on the back. The RMK looks good too but thats only cause it is new, has the rush front end or at least the plastics, I am sure it has different A Arms and such.

Nothing to crazy though from what I have seen.

RMKillR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
Wisco
rmk_rush.png

N
Jan 31, 2008
Libby, MT
Pro RMK

I was in Seeley this morning and got to ride one of the new ones. This is the best sled I have been on.

The new coil over rear suspension was great, I am 250 lbs and I tried all morning to get that thing to bottom out and I could not due it. The new running board have some nice touches to them, we were in one to two feet of fresh pow and at no time did I have any ice or snow build up on them.

The 800 motor seemed very similar. They would not tell us the HP but stated that it will come out in a few weeks. The rep said it was a touch higher then the 2010.

The light weight chases was great. They cut 8 lbs of the suspension, 15 lbs off the chassis, 9 lbs off the powertrain, and 8 lbs misc. For a new weight of 431 lbs.

The best part if this sled I felt was the way it handled the trail. This sled was also great in the fresh snow and awesome at sidehilling. I have never ridden a mtn sled that handled this well on a trail. The new suspension held it tight to the trail and absorbed the bumps much better then the air ride shocks I felt.

The one thing I would like is to see it with a 163 track, I felt it had enough power and would be unstoppable with more track. All models we got to ride were 155. But who knows maybe this will be a snowcheck option.

Premium Features