• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 D7 bog

D
Nov 27, 2007
NorCal
hey guys- I got 2008 700rmk full SLP pipe, SLP airbox, carls vents

When I am cruising down the trail and holding the throttle at consisent RPM (around 5000-6000 RPM) it BOGGS down really hard (almost wants to through you over the handlebars) no check engine light, when at WOT it runs perfect

This has been happening for about a month it only does on the hard pack when at a consistent throttle--it even completely shut off the other day while climbing a hill

Just wondering if you have any ideas???--I know there have been several posts about the TPS being off???

C

crankshaft

Dec 1, 2008
not sure if it could be or not but the only thing that i can think of is that their is a lean spot around those rpms. their have been reference to it in a few different threads. If that is the issue you could be working towards engine damage or failure. I try not to hold mine at that rpms for extended periods of time.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I had or have a similar issue. We made a change that I am going to try this weekend. My mechanic thinks it is because of the solenoid power valve actuation which holds the power valve closed until 6800 RPM. We put in lighter springs in the power valves and blocked off the air line from the solenoid with a ball bearing. I can always return everything back to normal if it does not work. However, I think that he is on to something with his analysis of the problem. I will let you know if it works. I hope it does because it is a simple and inexpensive fix.

D
Nov 27, 2007
NorCal
Well today I checked the TPS voltage and it is within spec

Another thing I did not metion in the first post is that it only seems to be having the problem half way through the day (when the gas gets down to 3/4 to 1/2 tank). It will not have any problems for the first few hours of the day when the tank is full (runs perfect).
is it possible that at this point the fuel pump is not submerged anymore in the gas and is getting hot??? or the gas is getting warm and a vapor lock situation is going??
or
a fuel pickup issue??
Has anyone had any issues with fuel pumps?

Premium Features