• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 skidoo sdi Eletric problems

hello out there. I got a 2007 skidoo summit 600 h.o. sdi. I was running it and it was running great and super strong. It then all of a sudden dies on me at idle. I go to pull start it and all my dash lights are gone and no spark. I then take her home and put new spark plugs in there and then it started right up. I went fo a test drive and all the idiot lights started flashing and my RPM gauge went to zero. the sled eventually quit and died on me. Then when I went to start it up again I lost my dash lights again and no spark. Anyway after getting it home the second time I started to tinker around with all the wires and connections and now sometimes ill get good connection and it even starts for a second and then just like I got nothing and there no electrical power. Could this be a stator craping the bed, or am I shorting out somewhere and something is wet and corroded. if anyone out there know anything as to what could be wrong that would be sick !

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
Another thing to check out are the grounds. We had kind of similar issues on my dad's sdi and I cleaned the backside of the voltage regulator (which is a ground) and 2 others which I can't remember where they are now since it was several years ago. It has ran without issue since. Just look around, you'll find them.

Premium Features