• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 Black Magic Fx8 Big Bore Kit

B
Dec 8, 2007
Just bought a 2006 firecat 700 (I know, short track, but got a wicked deal on it) and it has a black magic Fx8 big bore kit in it. The kid did not know much about it as the previous owner built the sled. Just wondering what that kit came with originally? Original cylinders bored out? Mono head? Clutch kit? Y-pipe? as far as I can tell. Curious as to if it came with power valves? The sled never came with a EFI control box either and it seems to be running lean. Just got it so have not had much time to look at it. Any info will help as I'm having trouble finding stuff online, can't buy the kit anymore as far as I can tell. Thanks, Brad

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I'm sure it's a "standard" bigbore 8 for the 700 motor. I personally wouldn't have touched it because now you're relegated to searching forums and online communities for tech support. Maybe that's why it was a wicked deal? I'd put it back to stock and enjoy it- OR get a set of used cylinders and have RKT punch it out, then you KNOW what you have.

Premium Features