• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 RMK/FUSION 900 IQ BILLET chaincase option!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
T--

sounds great thanks..

ALSO..if something falls through i have another person on here that is willing to help us out and make a billet cover for us as well..BUT...will make them without a dipstick..

i will update you all as soon as i here back from Chris when he gets the stock cover in a few days..and go from there..

thanks again everyone..

13 people are in so far.. :)

T
Dec 27, 2007
I started doing my summer tear-down (and enjoying a few brews in the shop ) was wondering if we have word from the machine shop on the 05 covers.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
OK GUYS..

I have been talking to Chris the machinist that was going to undertake this billet cover for us all...well unfortunately he has backed out for now..

he said he is too busy with other products and cannot do this for us at the moment..but maybe at a later date..

SOOOOOOOOOO.........

i have talked with Kreg Polzin...(POLZINHUNTER, snowest member) and absolutely great guy with some serious skills and knowledge of sledding..

He said he will be more then willing to help us out and ESTIMATED completion time frame would be around SEPT 1st 2009...

PRICE WILL BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT BUT WILL NOT BE DISCUSSED UNTIL MOCK UP BEGINS...but is VERY REASONABLE...

It is also recommended that we USE A SIGHT GLASS ONLY..NOT a dipstick..due to excess cost of materials/time...

PLEASE KEEP ALL discussion on this thread or with me (on here of via email)..POLINHUNTER is helping us out and i would like to be the point of contact so he isn't flooded with emails/calls..

I will PM those of you that are in for sure to confirm you are still in on it..unless you get this first, PM me your status..

Thanks to all that are helping to get the ball rolling...

Sean Armstrong
guidoxpress@hotmail.com

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
fill plug

If your going with the sight glass how do you expect to get the chaincase oil in it.

Dave..
legit question, lol..thanks for mentioning that..i sent Kreg a message about it in the past..he said he planned on making a threaded plug insert on the top of the cover..(similiar to the 06 models, but instead of the side, it would be on top is all)

if anyone else has any inputs, suggestions, concerns..anyhing at all to make this cover better, or easier for Kreg...please ask or mention it and we will see what we can do..

Sean

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
If your going with the sight glass how do you expect to get the chaincase oil in it.

Good point SD3! I ride an 06 so I am assuming that they are different in that respect as well. how about a simple plug in the upper portion of the cover? Does the 05 have the drain plug like the 06?

incorporating the dipstick into a billet cover is just not workable IMO the additional material(2"thick aluminum gets expensive:eek:) and machine time would drastically increase the price to the point that it would limit the market . This is great imput and much appreciated keep it coming it will only help the final product. what else is different? Can someone send me some good pics ?

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
Chaincase cover

Good point SD3! I ride an 06 so I am assuming that they are different in that respect as well. how about a simple plug in the upper portion of the cover? Does the 05 have the drain plug like the 06?

incorporating the dipstick into a billet cover is just not workable IMO the additional material(2"thick aluminum gets expensive:eek:) and machine time would drastically increase the price to the point that it would limit the market . This is great imput and much appreciated keep it coming it will only help the final product. what else is different? Can someone send me some good pics ?

The 05 does have the drain plug in the bottom of the chaincase. I dont see any reason why a plug in the upper portion of the cover wouldn't work. Keep us posted.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Ok fellas heres the scoop! At this point I have a new cover that I have measureed with our FARO CMM so that I have a cad model I can use to revese engineer the cover I will build. I have an adjuster block on order becuase its apperently diifferent than my 06. I also have enough material on hand for most or all that I will build. I will be working on my drawings as much as I can over the next couple of weeks and hopefully have more time to actually make the parts around the end of the month. I am a self employed single dad that coaches baseball 3-5 nights a week so I get a bit tied up @ times. my goal has always been to ship on or before Sept 1. I think I can do much better than that but @ the same time there is signifigant work to be done @ this point.I intend to make an excellent quality USA made product that I will be proud to sell and my customers will be happy to own.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Thanks for the update Kreg..

for everyone else. i apologize for not keeping more in touch with you all about the status..like kreg, i have been busy as well...

Thanks again for everyones support on the cover and to Kreg for taking the challenge...cant wait!!

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Thanks for the update Kreg..

for everyone else. i apologize for not keeping more in touch with you all about the status..like kreg, i have been busy as well...

Thanks again for everyones support on the cover and to Kreg for taking the challenge...cant wait!!

well bud mid june isn't exactly prime sledding now is it? I think we can forgive you !;)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I figured you got in trouble from the other half for playing on the keyboard too much!!

well actually..i got in trouble for being in the garage too much..then my zx9r street bike broke down..and i got in trouble again for NOT being in the garage to fix it so we can go ride...women..i will never get them :eek: lol

well bud mid June isn't exactly prime sledding now is it? I think we can forgive you !;)

kreg..your missing the point...it may be June, but without any new sweet parts to install or work on..i have no way of justifying being in the garage for hours on end..you gotta help me here. ;)

Premium Features