• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 polaris iq 660

S
Apr 11, 2009
alright, i found a sick deal on a guy who wants 2 sell his 05 iq 660mod..i just had a couple questions..ino they are sick and all but are the reliable? i have heard that they dont make it past 4000 miles but i want sure..also, would it be a decent trail sled cuz i ride some trail;s sometimes and i really want an iq but dont know if i should get this or spend some extra money and get the 600rr...any tips would be helpful thanks!

U
Dec 13, 2007
Fairbanks, Ak
$3500 buck!!
Bro get on that!!
A sled liek that up here would go for close to 6 grand.
Only unreliable issue I've read it the crank breaking and cause lots of damage.
As if this one has been re-built due to that.
Or if the cranks been re-enforced at all.

That is one great looking sled.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
HTG has a good reputation.

The 660 powerplant will beat a stock, 600, 700 and 800.

The only downside is it has been raced ... so could have lots of problems and you would never know it until the snow flies.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
so wat should i do..get it and take the risk or wait 2 find a 600rr...i need help!!!

Most guys on here would say to pass because a typical race sled is beat to death ... even after oine ride.

Cracked or bent stuff is not uncommon and you won't know it until you ride it and go off on a jump.

There have been people not knowing a race sled was bad until the frame buckled on the trail.

If you have to buy it ... be prepared to tear the sled down to fix it up,
Bad teeth in gear box, suspension , tunnel not right, engine mounts broke, something off on the engine. Some weld job break after a jump.

At the very least check compression.

Should be at least 130 warm and not more variance between cylinders than 5 maybe 10%

Also see if you have to run a race fuel mix.

I would be sure you know what you are getting into.

S
Apr 11, 2009
yea i think im gonna end up gettin it..its pretty sick and especially at only 3500$ so if there are any minor problems with it i will have the extra money that i wouldve spent on a 600rr and make it better and in the end have a badass ride..ill let you guys know wat i do and thanks for the tips!

Premium Features