• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 King Cat 900 EFI Locked up when parked.

507Sledz

Jan 27, 2014
I am currently out in the black hills now! My king cat completely locked up on me. I know my sled would be running warm today. The Temp outside was about 35 to 40 degree. I kept my scratchers down, dove in and out of the powder, cruised down the trail a bit to get some fresh air flowing threw my hood. One time we stopped for awhile so I open my hood and put some snow on my cylinders and exhaust to help cool it down so it just didn't keep heating up. (Is putting snow on your cylinders/ exhaust a bad idea?) Anyway one of my buddies got stuck down in a valley so I started her up and drove down to help. When I got down there I shut it down right away. Got him unstuck, I pulled my sled over 2 times, but it didn't start because I forgot to pull my kill switch up. So I pulled my kill switch up went to pull it over again, and it was stuck solid. I couldn't pull my rope back to save my life. What I did -

1. Pulled my belt off and tried to spin my primary forward and backward and it was also locked up.
2. I had my buddy try to pull the rope while I spin the primary and it was still stuck solid.
3. I pulled my spark plugs and one was perfect bronze color. and the other was a sliver color meaning it was running a little lean.

So I'm not sure what to think I have never had something like this happen to me. Any ideas suggestion lemme know! I'll post some pic's when I get it torn down. :face-icon-small-sho

Thanks!

507Sledz

Jan 27, 2014
RE:

Ok,

We are heading home tomorrow so I'll probably get into it this next weekend! I'll keep you guys posted and add pictures!.

In the event I did burn up a piston/Score a cylinder. What can I bore to? I hear of a lot of guys putting a 1050CC? how reliable is that set up? I guess I would prefer to put a stock 1000cc jug like off a M1000 or something.

Thanks!

Premium Features