• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 IQR spidle options, any ideas?

I
Aug 1, 2009
Chugiak
I have an 05 IQr 800 front suspention is factory setup, Ive heard these 2005 IQR sleds handle a little rough, The local shop cant give me a straight answer,on what will or wont work, I have heard about power addiction drop spindles but nothing else........ and I cant get a set of those for a while, after e mailing them, they arent in sled mode yet.......riding is all I can think about, and this is driving me nuts !!! AHHHHHHHG

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Are you looking for spindles? The IQR does handle rough for normal riding because it is setup very stiff for SnoCross racing. I'm not sure why you would want spindles (if that is what you are looking for). If you are concerned about the steering effort, it is not worth changing in my opinion. The older IQ sleds were an issue though. Maybe you can elaborate what you are looking for (for the slow kids!).

I'm with you on the summer blues and waiting for sled season.

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
For an '05, you'll want the drrop spindles from Powder Addictions, you you plan to powder ride. Or, you could switch it over to arms and spindles from an RMK.

L
Mar 7, 2008
Hey

I have 2 complete sets of A-arms from a 2005 IQR

Both are red and Black arms
One set has cut and welded spindles and the other has power addiction drop spindles

I'll sell the complete arms with spindles and everything that goes with them
$300 canadian for the pair with power addiction spindles

Or $150 for the cut and welded ones

Both are a 2'' drop

You can also get aftermarket from Holtz or ARS both require after market A-arms also and require about $250 in hardware from polaris.

PM if intrested

A
Jan 14, 2009
Anchorage , AK
Its not just the front suspension design that makes them a little tough to steer . You also want to consider adjusting your front torque arm spring pressure . By increasing the spring preload you can remove some of that steering pressure .

Premium Features