• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 900

R
Mar 11, 2009
Utah
I really hope all you guys are not getting sick of me. I did a search and could not find an answer. My stabilizer bar was removed from my sled when I purchased it. I rode it about three hundred miles before the big melt. Should I replace this or is it okay without the bar?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I really hope all you guys are not getting sick of me. I did a search and could not find an answer. My stabilizer bar was removed from my sled when I purchased it. I rode it about three hundred miles before the big melt. Should I replace this or is it okay without the bar?

keep it off

I held out on removing mine forever, but after last season even having custom-valved front shocks, the swaybar is nothing but an impedement to back country riding on these sleds ...

I'm a pretty stout dude too, and in tight situations my 900 is a royal PITA to lean over with that swaybar in.

My swaybar is coming off before next season and the ZP's are gonna get sent back to Carl's to get valved for use without the swaybar again ...

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
if you have stock shocks...leave it in..

if you have WE shocks...leave it in..

get a set of fox floats at the least and take it out..

if you ride trails (more then mountains) leave it in..

if you dont like to side hill, boondock, treehug..leave it in..

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Be glad it's GONE! If you running the stock 05 shocks, you can upgrade the front springs to about a 30 lb. heavier spring and you'll retain your trail handling. If you can afford it, get custom valved shocks for your weight.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
ebay

Anybody know where to find a good deal on front shocks? Those things are expensive!

first try the swapmeet..its always better to deal with snowesters..they are awesome and are always willing to help out..or

i got 2 sets of fox floats on EBAY...

1 set had 142 miles on them..$320/shipped

1 set had 100 miles on them..$300/shipped

just make sure you get the correct center-to-center distance..05/06 900 IQ have 17" c-c..

just keep an eye out...

Last edited:

NDRMK

Premium Member
Mar 3, 2008
North Dakota
Same as guidoxpress said. Stock get it in, but fox floats help a lot when it is out! I actually put Carl's sway bar in because I am riding more trail lately.

Premium Features