• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 Kingcat Jetting

I

itsallgood

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs
What size are the stock slides? My older Mikunis have 1.5s?

I have some 30 pilots & see some guys are running them. I run 9-12K so I think I'll try them but it still seems too lean. How many others are running #30, #35 or #40s & @ what elevation? any one else go to leaner slides also?

S
Dec 20, 2008
Bothell, WA
I am running 40 pilots now, it is definitely running better now. Maybe I can dial it in better with the fuel and air screws. I ran between 3-8K ft with them last weekend.

Nov 26, 2007
Kent,Wa.
350 mains!

Be Careful with it jetted like that! If it gets cold or you ride low elevation you might be on the lean side. Stampede and Gold creek are below 3k feet at the truck. My sled has 390 and 400 in it. And it don't run fat. It is all stock except slp can and V farse reeds. I am the fat on my sled. -00's

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
2 zeros, With the V force I think they recommended 390 to 400's for the mains along with Boysen? With the stock reeds 350 are recommended, 360's are just a little fat stock even @ 25 deg. With an open airbox I would watch out thou on a very cold day upper teens for example. 350's and about 5 second burst shouldn't hurt anything. If going for a top speed run at 2500 ft. GC I would not recommend! We should all get together and run these old cats someday. Maybe make it a nostalgia day or what not? Scott glad to hear it has cleaned up a bit.

Mike

Last edited:
S
Dec 20, 2008
Bothell, WA
I was concerned about the size of the jets, but I have been watching the piston wash and I still have about 1cm of wash. I am always pretty careful riding out of the parking areas at Snoqualmie, but luckily (or unluckily) it is always fairly warm there!

Baker was a 1M gathering last week, I must have seen at least 20 up there! Baker is the only place when my sled actually gets to work hard at all.

Premium Features