• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 1m 900 efi

D

digger18

Feb 22, 2009
Otsego MN
Hey guys,

Picked up a 900 mountain cat from a buddy that I had to replace some parts on as his nephew hit a tree with last yr out in Cooke. Was going to sell it and make some money buy changed my mind. So was wondering what's the best clutch/gearing suspension set up? Want it set up for out west. Any other minor mods that would be worth doing to it.

Thanks

C
May 12, 2008
digger18 said:
Hey guys,

Picked up a 900 mountain cat from a buddy that I had to replace some parts on as his nephew hit a tree with last yr out in Cooke. Was going to sell it and make some money buy changed my mind. So was wondering what's the best clutch/gearing suspension set up? Want it set up for out west. Any other minor mods that would be worth doing to it.

Thanks

stock with 70 gram weight, only eng mod I did that worked was after market y-pipe. put powderclaw on it. and tunnel back half like m

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

C
May 12, 2008
digger18 said:
Hey guys,

Thanks

stock with 70 gram weight, only eng mod I did that worked was after market y-pipe. put powderclaw on it. and tunnel back half like m

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Best gearing for west is 20-46. you will have to buy a 74 pitch chain to be long enough. Seams like I ran a stock spring in my primary with 69-70 grams (7500 is your target rpm with a stock pipe and stock tach). Secondary seams like i ran a straight 51 or straight 53 with a snopro green.

Premium Features