• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 Old snowhawk prototype

P

predatorr03

Jul 24, 2009
Val-Des-Monts,Qc,Canada
translation for the non frenchies

Basicaly he says that he has 2 of them complete ,one partialy assembled ,one in boxes and they been created by one of the snow hawk inventors?,he has all the molds for the body panels and every part needed to build 2 of them,motor is a 250 2 stroke bombardier ,wants 1500.00$ each or would trade.

That looks like his living room:painkiller:

H
Nov 6, 2009
Hey Pred,
What do you think?
Should we buy it together,
It's not too far from here.....
we could split it half half......
Now that you have a biggere garage it,s perfect hahaha

P

predatorr03

Jul 24, 2009
Val-Des-Monts,Qc,Canada
spoke to the guy

he says the inventor of this contraption used to work for Bombardier, so basicaly(i figure) it has notting to do with ADBoivin.the track is homemade but the rear skid is complete and fonctional.the front suspension and steering still needs work and a few small parts. like a tie-rod and stuff.the frame is precision cut T-1 aluminum.engine is a bombardier(rotax i figure) 2 stoke out of a Can-am dirt bike with gears and clucth (so its basically a hibryd between a hawk and 2 moto)

whoever buys this,better be mecanicaly inclined :face-icon-small-con

hope this helped!

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
Very interesting concept that's for sure. I can see a lot of design and fabrication time being spend to get to that point !

He also says that "the guy didn't agree with the product (Snow-Hawk) so he built one like he wanted" We have to remember that the Snow-HAwk was originally introduced as a Sno-Cross machine. I can see this machine being closer to the motocross feeling (looks a little smaller, MX powerplant...)

It must have been a motocross guy by going with such a powerplant. It must be fun to ride and shift gears but this type of powerplant will only do the job for certain types of application like hardpack trails and sure enough Snocross but not that far in deep snow, high elevation. To me if you're riding deep snow, there is just no real other options than a CVT clutch and bottom line I'd say you need 50-60 horses a least, ideally 120 or more. Which this air cooled 250 Can-Am engine doesn't have for sure.

Eric, get a passport and go grab them 2, they're in Qc, not too far from your place. Throw a modded out CR500 engine in there and ride it 'til it dies and keep the other one as a collection piece !

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
does anyone actually know the seller? the more you can beat him down on price the more i will give you for playing the middle man and possible smuggling across the border!haha

Premium Features