• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1M Track Change Questions

J
Feb 20, 2009
First off, I'd like to apologize in advance if any of these questions have been answered elsewhere, but I've spent a good bit of time reading forums and haven't found the answers I need.

I have a 2003 1M 900 with a 151 track. The track is shot, and I'm looking to replace it. I'm interested in changing to a powerclaw, and I'm wondering what this will entail. As I understand it, I'll need to change the drivers to 3" pitch. Is this correct? Will I need to change to a larger wheel to compensate for the additional track length (assuming I went with a 153" powerclaw)? Are there any other modifications necessary, perhaps to the track itself?

Also, I'd like to know what would be required to change to a 162" track length. Would I need to change the entire rear skid assembly, or could I just get rail extensions or something of the sort? If I did have to change the rear skid, can I change it out with a newer skid, perhaps something off an '09? Would the tunnel need to be extended as well?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Oct 10, 2008
lewiston id
correct. 3 pitch drivers and you might be able to take up the slack with big wheel kit. if you go 162 need rail and tunnel extensions. with the 1m tunnel being wider than m tunnel dont know if that skid will just bolt in there.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
The newer skid will bolt in. You will need to put spacers on the front arm since the M tunnel is narrower. They have the same width rear arm (The mounts on the M are widened.) If you go with an '07 or newer suspension, you will want drop brackets to mount it lower.

Premium Features