• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1994 Vmax 500 Performance upgrades

T
Oct 28, 2016
Would anyone be able to tell me how to set my 1994 Yamaha vmax 500 up for racing? I have recently talked to Levi Lavallee to gain some inspiration and to find out how he got to be where he currently is today in the Snowmobiling world and he came from somewhat of a similar background that I am currently in. I could use any help on getting my vmax to be a nice performing sled so i can use hard work and dedication to make it to the top. One of my biggest dreams is to professionally race sno-cross. Thank you for any and all help in advance! BRAAAAAPP ON BROTHERS AND SISTERS!:face-icon-small-hap

-SnowmobileCowboy11x-

T
Oct 28, 2016
Clutching, gearing, minor motor improvements (pipe) are about all I would focus on. Track for optimum traction, but those sleds never ran a big track.

Making JIS screws into junk

I haven't been able to find very many performance parts for this sled, possibly due to the year? Do you have any website recommendations? Thank you for letting me know what I need to focus on! I know a little bit about almost everything but I don't know everything about anything so your advice helps me immensely! Thank you again!

Premium Features