• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1981 Polaris Cutlass SS Driveshaft Bearing

S
Jan 16, 2011
Hello Everyone, I have recently been riding my 1981 Polaris Cutlass SS around my local lake, when I noticed a squeaking noise. I stopped, looked under the hood, and noticed nothing, but just to be safe, I went home. I looked more in depth, because i noticed that the sound that it was making only happened when the track was moving. I used my floor jack, and jacked up the back of it. I ran the track and noticed the sound again. As I looked more in depth, i could see that the speedo side of the driveshaft was vibrating around alot. I also noticed that there were shattered balls on the bottom of the snowmobile. I looked at the exploded view. My Driveshaft bearing flangette has broken, considering that is is 30 yeard old.:face-icon-small-hap If someone could guide me as to where I could get this part from, I am afraid that it is not made anymore. I hope that i will have some luck. Thank you all!

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Take the old parts to your local bearing house and they can get you all the parts for quite a bit less than OEM would be.

sled_guy

Premium Features