• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

163 to a 174 track

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
I think alot of people are using the Vanamburg Extensions, Iam sure all the tunnel builders would build you a tunnel it just comes down to how much $ you want to spend.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
The big negative is I believe they only come in a 16 wide.. IMO it has to be cut down. The RAW tunnel is really tight....

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
They do make a 15 wide 174 Im just kicking the idea around....My only concern would be track speed with the 174....I will keep hunting this idea....Thx so far guys....

BD

Just add a turbo and you will be happy:):D JK I have a friend swapping his out and he went with the vanamburg extension, and the 15 wide 174. He has yet to ride it so I cant tell you how he likes it, his is going to be boosted though. Iam sure it will work good maybe gear down alittle, That track is 100% better than the 5.1 series track IMO

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I shouldnt even ask... or I will be to tempted, but where did you find the 174x15... it didnt look like tracks usa had one...

are they a 3" paddle?

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
I shouldnt even ask... or I will be to tempted, but where did you find the 174x15... it didnt look like tracks usa had one...

are they a 3" paddle?

He just bought everything from a member on the forum, He hasnt got it yet so I cant tell you if it is just cut down or what. I will let you know.

Sorry I just looked on trackusa and they list a 174x15x2.5 3.0 pitch, Part number is 9035, I would assume that is what he is getting.

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
thanks Justin.... I looked like a week ago, so thats why it must not have been up there.... ;)

Some of the guys that I have talked to say 174" is just too long.. handling wise. I dont know once the track is on the sled, what is it, another 5" or so on the snow?

Personally I would prefer that the thread goes away, and I can keep thinking, I would have to cut one down....

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
thanks Justin.... I looked like a week ago, so thats why it must not have been up there.... ;)

Some of the guys that I have talked to say 174" is just too long.. handling wise. I dont know once the track is on the sled, what is it, another 5" or so on the snow?

Personally I would prefer that the thread goes away, and I can keep thinking, I would have to cut one down....

I would say you would get around that for more track on the snow, 2-3 more rows of paddles i would assume.

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
Shouldnt be to bad. Try it and then if it sucks, drop a tooth in gearing, or change ur drivers?:beer;

174"

They come 15" or 16" wide and 2.5" to 3". The 3" paddle track comes only as a 16 wide. I have no clue how it would fit on a polaris. Maybe some suspension drop bracketts would let you run a 2.5" paddle and you would run a 15 wide which is the same as your stock track. Van Amburg here in Yakima could make you a tunnel or a tunnel extension. A track porting job would lighten your track. MM.

P.S.- I bought a 16 wide w/ 3 inch paddles for my new sled and will be using a VA tunnel.

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I am Turbo'ed running 12 Ibs all day long it makes tons of track speed right know Just wondering about putting the 174 X 2.5 on and killing track speed way heavier track.

I understand what you are saying.... but its only another 11" of track, how much weight can it add? If you are going from the Pokey single ply to a camo.. then maybe a little additonal there...

if you are running a 7 or 8 at 12lbs(even a 6 for that matter)... I cant see you loosing much track speed. My turbo seems to run better the harder you work it...

xring60

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2008
Mountains
I am Turbo'ed running 12 Ibs all day long it makes tons of track speed right know Just wondering about putting the 174 X 2.5 on and killing track speed way heavier track.

Just think, if you've got say what 80mph track speed? and say what 40mph ground speed? Add a 174 and bump your ground speed up to 50-55 mph because of the added traction!

Premium Features