• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

15 M8000 oil leaking out of air box

R
Dec 14, 2013
My M8000 leaks more oil than a Detroit Diesel out of the air box. Check valves where replaced under warranty when the sled was new. Anyone knows what to change or do to keep the oil reservoir from letting oil go into the air box when the sled is sitting?

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
I have a 13 and a 16 and they both do it. 13 is worse. Check valves only keep oil going forward so no drainback so if it is siphoning new valves won't fix it. Elevate front of sled in storage so it goes into engine, convert to premix or drain tank down for storage. Also do you have an aftermarket plastic oil tank (BDX, C3, TKI)? Both of mine do with belt drives and problem got worse with them after installing as the tank sits higher in regards to oil pump compared to stock causing more gravity feed. My 13 has a 3 qt tank and is worse than my 16 with a 2 qt tank. Added boost to the 13 so now I don't see a leak and the excess oil gets forced into engine. No need to fog for storage. LOL

Premium Features