• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 m8 snopro, airpressure in floats

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
Just wondering whats a good baseline for the floats. My first few times out the fronts feel soft.

I weight 200 lbs

thanks

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
On my floats the front shocks are 52lb and 56 lb, the rear track float is 120. My fully geared weight is around 240 or so. Hope his helps.

rockdog2112

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2008
Cheyenne,Wy USA
Do any of you guys have a problem with the backend of your snopro's "sagging" Mine is an 08 , I run 130lbs in the rear but when you look at the backend next to my wife's
M6, it sits 4 "lower. They both have Fox floats. Any ideas?

K

KAW76

Jan 28, 2009
Ravensdale, WA
Anyone Curious

I had troubles with an 08 M1000 stock suspension, never could get it right. I decided after some serious research to spend the money on the 43" Zbros kit front a-arms with remote reservoir's and the rear shocks as well. I am 6'6" and 290-ish. I understand it's spendy but I am very happy with the kit both in stability on the trail and off trail and the "buck back" you get on the stock sled is gone. I am still fine tuning it with the clicker's but it's worth the $2500 ish you spend plus you can sell the stock stuff to recoupe some of the money. I would call and Ask for Tyler and he will hook you up I heard they are dong 15% off sled kit's currently. I was happy to the point of buying one for my 09 M8 as well. I have not ridden the M8 yet with the kit installed but I am sure I will be very happy. Just some insight if anyone is curious about other options. The 43" inch kit for you bigger guys you notice more stability on the trail not as tippy in the corner's but it still boondocks very well no loss of sidehill ability. you can still cat walk at slow speeds on the steep side hills. Hope the info helps someone although somewhat unrelated to air pressure in floats question?

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
thanks everyone, What side gets more air pressure. Im right at 200lbs so i figure 225 geared up so

after removing the stock can, the exhaust side can be 10+ lbs lighter than before. The clutch side is always heavier, even before removing the suitcase so. The extra pressure will balance or levelout the sled a little when coming off jumps, imo

pp

B
Jan 20, 2009
I run 65 on my can side and 75 on my clutch side. Help with the sled wanting to roll through corners. I'm about 230 with gear

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
thanks everyone. Im gonna order pipe and everything but just want to know all the good setup for the suspension starting points

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
50-55 in front not as stable on the trail as higher pressure but more fun off the trail. 105-110 in the rear I had it at 125 untill the snow wasn't as deep and had to ride the trail farther to get to the play area. 125 hurt my back on the mogouls 105-110 huge improvement on the trail. I'm a buck 75.

F

fraidey cat

sled sag

Rockydog

Ditch the rear float and sell it to someone who likes gimmicks. Only float evols seem to be the decent shocks...I am going to a rear coilover after i
spoke to arctic cat canada and USA and told them about the poor stock rear suspension in the Cats....I have been looking into this issue for 6 months and now I'm almost 100% sure the stock float is not enough..it needs a coilover.

Heres the easiest way to see how ****ty it really is...Tighten your front limiter straps to the max setting..Now push down on the rear of your sled and you should notice that your shock is now completely useless....Or raise the front of your sled up 5 inches and then push down on the rear...same issue..Mine sucked bad too.

Cat is now looking into this(hopefully) as i think its an engineering issue and a little bit of air and nitrogen trying to do the work of a spring.Cats test riders in Colorado may have not tried adjusting their limiters so it would be easy to overlook this problem..If you dont believe me..look at the cover of Sledhead magazine and see Aaron K's rear shock (COILOVER) not the float on his new cat.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I'm going to add one of these to the two front shocks and the Float on the rear of my sled. There's a long post on Hard core sledder about how much they improve the ride of the Fox Floats.

http://www.fettbrosperformance.com/store/proddetail.asp?prod=AIRC1&cat=33

They are only $86 a pair. So I'll have to buy two pair so I can have one for the rear shock. He won't split up a set of two, I already asked.

Does anyone want to buy the extra one I have (when I get it) for the shock on their rear skid?

There's also another Nextech version of this that works even better and are adjustable but, the cost is WAY higher at $118.95 for each shock but, they are going on a "mountain" sled so I'm not sure I can rationalize the additional cost?

http://www.carbonsled.com/float_reservoir.htm

Last edited:
Premium Features