• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 M1000 Secondary Clutch Bolt

D

dgwarr69

Feb 22, 2009
Trout Lake, WA
My buddy has an 09 M1000. We were riding today and the secondary clutch bolt started to back out. Fortunately he caught it b4 any damaged occured. He is the second sled we know this has happened to. Any body else have any kind of similar problems. Any help would be appreciated.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
dd clutch bolt

I've had it happen on my m8, actually had the clutch fall off the spline when I let off on a steep side hill two years ago. I machined a heavier thicker washer out of a big grade 8 bolt to go under the clutch bolt and used a grade 8 bolt for the clutch bolt, hasn't backed out lately.

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
What we have found is anytime you R&R the belt you must make sure the bolt bottoms out. You can torque the bolt to specs but if the belt is too low in the clutch it will give you a false tightening effect. The belt will hold the clutch open. When you intially tighten the bolt it will bottom out, then turn the belt so it rides/slides/slips over the clutch. Sometimes it's hard to get the belt to turn because it is jammed in there by the bolt. Then retighten the bolt to specs, it almost always will turn a few more turns.
We found this works perfectly, before we did this religiously we had the bolt come loose sometimes days after we did belt work.

Premium Features