• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 M1000 help??

Oct 7, 2008
Could also be the ecu, Had it replaced on mine and I know of a couple others that have had it replaced. Sounds like similar symptoms. mine was sending bad signals to the powervalve servo causing it to spit and sputter when put under any kind of hard load (in hills), could get it to pull fine down a flat field though.

B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
Is this before or after any ECU updates from Cat? Are you running headlights or have any other elctrical draws such as gauges or lights etc.? Do you get a code on the stock gauge when it sputters?
BB

Oct 7, 2008
Mine did not flash any codes when mine was bad. It should be under warranty. Actual cost on them is around 1500 - 2000 dollars.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
My dads would act like that if you were driving at lower speeds for a while and then went to WOT. It was just loading up on fuel. Subtracted a little fuel with the boondocker box and it runs extremely good. This was only after he added a y pipe and can with the box though. Did you add any mods?

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Check the back of the powervalve motor. A wire on the back was rubbed and causing us similar problems that got worse. Ckeck it out never know.

Premium Features