• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 spindles or holz

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
Everyone I heard has said that Holz was the way to go.

Not to hijack the thread....but sean, you have holz spindles on your 05? If so how big of an improvement did they make?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I put them on my 07 D7. They did help the steering effort a bit and are about .5lb weight savings. But beyond that, you are really buying them because they look really cool. You have less adjustment with them than your stock spindles. I didn't care about that because once I was dialed in, I didn't change anything anyway.

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
I put them on my 07 D7. They did help the steering effort a bit and are about .5lb weight savings. But beyond that, you are really buying them because they look really cool. You have less adjustment with them than your stock spindles. I didn't care about that because once I was dialed in, I didn't change anything anyway.

Well if they made an improvement on your 07 spindles, then you will make a significant improvement on my garbage 05 spindles....thanks....:beer;

A
Nov 26, 2007
Western NY.

What adjustment is there less of?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Ja..

i bought my sled with 07 dragon spindles on it..so i cant personally tell you how much better the HOLZ are over the 05..but the difference from the 06-07 spindles to HOLZ...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better...

WORTH IT..

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
What adjustment is there less of?
originally the Holz spindles didn't allow the use of the spacers to adjust the ski stance. But the ones the are making now do, so if you buy a new set from Holz you will have that capability.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Western NY.
originally the Holz spindles didn't allow the use of the spacers to adjust the ski stance. But the ones the are making now do, so if you buy a new set from Holz you will have that capability.

I have the new style holtz with the 2 spacers on the sled I'm building. I have both spacers to the outside to get the 42'' c-c.

How long do the plastic bushings last in the spindle?

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
Ja..

i bought my sled with 07 dragon spindles on it..so i cant personally tell you how much better the HOLZ are over the 05..but the difference from the 06-07 spindles to HOLZ...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better...

WORTH IT..

good to know thanks

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado

Yep, that's what I was thinking. You basically could not change the ski width, you were stuck with one width. It didn't matter to me.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
So is there still an improvement from the 09 spindles to the holz?? was the 08-09 spindles the same??

from what I have read, the 08s and 09s are the same geometry, just that the 09 dragon and assault spindles are a half a pound lighter.

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
No, the geometry did change causing the steering effort to improve. In 2008 the geometry improved to help steering effort and 2009 the same geometry spindles got lighter.

The Holz spindles look really cool. Good product.

Premium Features