• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 M1000 ECU Flashing #1,17,57

O

OLD SCHOOL

Mar 24, 2008
Alaska
I just had the reflash done on 08 M1000 now it is flashing the numbers 1,17,57. The sled seems to be running OK, does anyone know what these #s mean?

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
17 is EGT sensor is out , which gives you other BS codes basically - my '09 had same problem. Replaced sensor and all codes went away. Thanks to RacinStation for educating me on that !

B

BCP

Feb 26, 2008
Bay City
On the front of your air-intake, under the hood a sticker placed there gives you a rundown of what all of the codes mean. Yes 17 is the stock exhaust temp sensor and yes you can change it out and it will (if the new one is good, should read 200-400 ohms unpluged to be good, I have bought a brand new one that was bad = closed cuircut) eliminate that code and that portion will run better. It is best to hook the sled to a analyzer which your dealer should have, I was able to play with one the other day when my 09 had a issue, this system is pretty neat......anyway the analyzer while tell you exactly what is wrong, then you can swap the part without throwing a bunch of coin at possible problems, clear the code and you are on your way!

Premium Features