• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 dragon frt bumper/plastic upgrade

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Mike-I think I figured it out:light::light::light:. I ran Floats last year without grinding the mounts & no apparent contact with the mount. Without the sway bar your arms can drop lower maybe causing the clearance issue. Something for those removing the swaybar to think about.,,,everytime you get air your shock is going to hit on the mounting bracket.

lol...nope...mine has always had the bar...although I will change to the 09 bar when I do the holz frt arms...might just be a slight difference in the mounts from sled to sled..or maybe the float-2 body is bigger up top then the floats?

Stroker Customs

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2002
CO
Bastage mine has been on order for a month and my dealer keeps telling me they are not available yet from the factory. WTF I was told oct 17th then oct 23 then nov 4th Finally gave up and just waited for a call and still no call. How did you get yours already? Go figure huh I guess I just aint one of the good ole boys huh.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Bastage mine has been on order for a month and my dealer keeps telling me they are not available yet from the factory. WTF I was told oct 17th then oct 23 then nov 4th Finally gave up and just waited for a call and still no call. How did you get yours already? Go figure huh I guess I just aint one of the good ole boys huh.

they were on back order for a while there..but they have been available for at least 3 weeks now...let me know and I can check availability for ya...

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Did you initially install your Fox floats upside down? I see you reversed them in your pics.

when I first got the plastic off I decided to put the shocks on and to put them body up they hit on the upper mount.....so I bolted them on body down till I decided what to do..ended up grinding off part of the upper mnt in order to make them clear.. one of the pics shows the area I had to grind back a bit to make them fit.Ron sayed his cleared no problem and no one else has said they had to grind theirs either so mine may have been a fluke...but to install without grinding would have at least wore a spot on the shock and might have bent the shock when the suspension topped out..

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, Idaho
My floats won't fit body side up unless I grind the shock tower, left it body side down when I put 09 front end on.
DSCI0050.jpg

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Floats

Mike, Just thinking about last years shocks...I ran the Ryde Air 2.0 floats last year. Probably explains things!!!!

ya ur gona like that new front end. i went from a 06 700 rmk to a 09 assault. and it sits up higher and doesnt push snow as much. and the bumper can take out sum good size trees i took one aspen out that was 2 inchs wide. so its way nice. im thinken of getting a kit for my dad 05 900 rmk

K
Jan 24, 2009
i have the 2009 shift but will an older hood fit on it, im tired of black and i got a buddy with 08 dragon that wants to trade hood and side panels, before i make long(ish) drive will they swap just fine?? and mine has to work on his too of course lol

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
i have the 2009 shift but will an older hood fit on it, im tired of black and i got a buddy with 08 dragon that wants to trade hood and side panels, before i make long(ish) drive will they swap just fine?? and mine has to work on his too of course lol

yep 08 and 09 hood & side panels are direct fit...

L

Longtracker

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 4, 2008
Boise, Idaho
cheaper than repair

My 18 year old son center punched a tree (small tree)and broke the hood hinge and front bumper on my wifes 700 Dragon. The dealer wanted 1400 to repair it. We bought the upgrade kit and replaced the front end for 500.

Good way to save some cash, and it is more functional.... :)

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
Same kit.You just have to remove your front cooler if you have not done that already.

Premium Features