• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'08 700 RMK engine bog after hot soak - rest

G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
When I restart down the trail or wherever after stopping for 10+ mins or so the engine will bog down. I can push through it with more gas esp. now that I'm aware of it but before I would damn near fall forward over the bars.

I always let it warm up to 120F on the 1st start of the day but after breaks during the day I just pull and go. Eng temps are 120ish when shut down. On quicker restarts temps can be 130-140 but down to 90 on others. Doesn't seem to make a difference though although as I type this it may be worse when on the cooler side...need to test that...

This just started last few rides. Elevation 9k. Anybody else having this issue? Any ideas of what's causing it or how to fix or prevent.

Thanks

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Put a can of heat in your fuel tank.
I had some water get in my tank and it would cause just what you are describing.
Let it set for a bit and the water will settle to the bottom of the tank and it would be the first thing thru the injectors. Just like throwing the breaks on, then it would pick back up.

I drained the tank (sucked the fuel out and ran it in my car), put in fresh 91 octane and it cured the problem.

Other than that, I have no clue.

G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
Ollie - I'll try the ISO HEAT this weekend - Thanks

dragonrmking - I read your thread. Your issue looks a little different than mine. I only get the bog on initial reacceleration after it's been hot & sitting. Sounds like you have a constant mid-range bog. I hope you get it fixed because that's totally unacceptable.

Mines a nusense but I hope not a start of worse things to come.

Premium Features