• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 600 RMK and Carbs

R

RMKER

Dec 5, 2007
Enderby B.C
What is the proper way to find the correct setting for the fuel screws then?

I didn't have time to get the sled apart tonight..
Quick question.. I have taken the airbox off several times but haven't taken the carbs off yet.. is it fairly easy to do it? i am very familiar with older sleds but not the new ones. Looks like just clamp and plug and a few lines. Anything to be worried about?
Thanks again!

o7 600 ho rmk 155 track we start at 1300ft parking lot til we get to our riding areas 6200-7200ft finally woke up this sled lol slp pipe and can airhorn kit v force reeds 1058 gram clutch wieghts, pink blue spring 330 main jets 45 pilots .9 pilot air jets runs with d8s all day might not high markem all but very impressed for a 600. rode o3 800 for last four years,this 600 is a blast just keep her pinned lol

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
I installed 40 pilots on mine, 50's are way fat. No more loading up at idle and rich bottom end condition.

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
I did the same thing Marv did, switched to the 40's, they should have came factory in these sleds. Didn't even need to change the air pilots, would like to adjust some day, but why when your sled runs crisp in all areas.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I've got the bog, miss, gurgle or whatever just off idle also. Just wasn't sure if it was a lean condition or fat.

Crow, I may be able to help. I have the 08 and the jetting specs are slightly different. Send me what your specs are. I can tell you what I did and what my stock specs are. I really didn't need to do much with the new 08 specs. Just a couple of tweaks and mine is spot on. More like a it has efi or something. Or at least it runs this way in Michigan (low elevation).

Last edited:
R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
What elevation are you riding?
0-3000ft, should be good at all elevations though as it is pig rich at all of them on the idle circuit haha. My plan is when I do go to the mountains is to adjust the needles and main jets only, if I show lean idle at high elevation I will adjust with the fuel screw slightly.

Sleddogg

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Dayton, WY
Ok
I finally got home and got it apart....

Main Jets 280
Pilot 55

Air .9

and this one next to Main and Pilot.. is??? 145

There might have been a little crap in One side of the pilot, but I am not sure so I blew everything out with air..

So what do you guys think?
I ride the Bighorns (8000-10000)

Also I am still a touch confused on how to get the Fuel Screws set right (big plastic white ones)

Just a side note, one side of the card had a lot of black left over fuel on it on the outside, not sure how it got all over the outside.
Thanks for the info guys!!

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Holy cow, 55 pilots:eek: I would go down to 40's. Maybe 45's since you ride so high. That would clean up the bottom end for sure. Polaris has always been two to three sizes too big on the pilots for us in the past 15 years.

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
Carb set up

I have some mods on my 600 and my carbs are bored to 40.5mm but my set up is .40 on the pilot 360 on the mains 1/2 turn out on the fuel screw. .09 airjet. I don't have the bog like I use to I ride from 450' to 5000' at most I haven't had any problems the sled rips. I have other issues with the sled but I am working them out.

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
Ok
I finally got home and got it apart....

Main Jets 280
Pilot 55

Air .9

and this one next to Main and Pilot.. is??? 145

There might have been a little crap in One side of the pilot, but I am not sure so I blew everything out with air..

So what do you guys think?
I ride the Bighorns (8000-10000)

Also I am still a touch confused on how to get the Fuel Screws set right (big plastic white ones)

Just a side note, one side of the card had a lot of black left over fuel on it on the outside, not sure how it got all over the outside.
Thanks for the info guys!!
Wow, those are some big pilot jets. Stock should have come with a 50, whoever tuned it went the wrong way with it. Buy both the 40's and 45's, should only be about $15 at most. I would start with the 45's and see what that does first, if it is stil too fat go with the 40's.

The 145 is the starter jet, no issues there just leave that one alone.

If the high end of your throttle band is running fine and crisp, your main jets and needles are fine, not sure what your needles were set at but 280's sound about right, needles in #1 position?

For the fuel screws, turn them in and back out to about 3/4 as a safe spot to start, these are easy to adjust and can be done while you are out in the field.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
My 07 600 had the same problem. It has an SLP exhaust system and SLP airbox mods with a couple of flow rites for increased airflow. Tom at Carl's rode the sled and he thought it was the air and fuel screw adjustment that was needed. Needle position and jets were right and plugs looked good. They have changed the screw position and I have yet to ride it to see if it is cleared up. The low end bog was more prevalent at higher altitudes and/or on humid days so I think that Tom's analysis was correct. We will find out when I get a chance to ride it again.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Puyallup, Wa.
I put an SLP single and airbox mod plus two flo-rites on my 07 600 (carb) yesterday and what a difference!

No more pig rich! I've messed with main jets, needle jets, fuel screws, you name it, with very little success.

It was soooo rich I left all the carbs the way they were after I installed the SLP single pipe:
320 mains, #2 jet needle, 1/2 turn on fuel screw.

Nice cardboard color on the plugs and no more black spots on snow, no more gas guzzlying.

Best part is this thing rips!!!

Last edited:
Premium Features