• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 Warranty pays off.

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
It's been a while ladies and gentlemen. Too much going on right now. (Trying to sell a house, got engaged, getting ready for summer, planning the wedding)

Anyways brought the sled in (07D7 RMK) to the dealer due to the belt issues I have had as well as a goofy idle.

Found reed cage boot delaminted / torn from the case and the clutches a smidge out of alingment. Hopefully all is cured and the best part of it was only a $50.00 deductible. NICE!

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
It's been a while ladies and gentlemen. Too much going on right now. (Trying to sell a house, got engaged, getting ready for summer, planning the wedding)

Anyways brought the sled in (07D7 RMK) to the dealer due to the belt issues I have had as well as a goofy idle.

Found reed cage boot delaminted / torn from the case and the clutches a smidge out of alingment. Hopefully all is cured and the best part of it was only a $50.00 deductible. NICE!

On the bold, glad to hear about the warranty coverage, sorry about the engagement and the wedding.lol

I have a 2007 D-7, clutch alignment off since day 1, got the run-around from the dealer, ended up pulling the motor out of the sled, had to slot the mag side engine bracket an unbelievable 3/8" to straighten out the alignment!! You may want to double check it. Keep in mind the GOLD PLATED $ 60.00 POLARIS tool has approx .075" of "kick" built into it, while the SLP offset tool is "straight"

Also on my sled there was a lot of belt dust on the reeds, so I duct taped ALL the seams on the air box, especially the bottom where there were some pretty good sized gaps, I figure ingesting Kevlar belt dust into the engine can't be a good thing.

All jokin aside good luck on the wedding!!

BTW, WHERE & When's the bachelor party?

Last edited:
J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
Hey Im in about the same boat as you...except with no warranty....lol

Just got engaged, just bought a house, trying to plan a wedding, and trying to upgrade the sled without problems haha.

Only Im in Lakeville, small world....

Its always good when a warranty pays off.....where'd you take her too Diggers?

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
No I took it to Mies, it's a very long drive but those guys really seem to work with me, whether it was the updates or this clutch deal. I figure they treated me good so I'll keep the service stuff to them when I have exhausted all my abilities.

Sold the house in 12 days, now just have to sweat it out till the closing in a month in a 1/2. I'm a bit nervous in case it don't go through but they paid what I wanted minus the closing costs so that's not too bad.

Clutch alingment on this sled I don't think has ever been looked at closely, it's always been at the end of the day or in the back of my truck on the way home etc. Hopefully these guys got it right this time, I will add a smidge more cooling and see what prevails this coming year.

Thanks for the good wishes, it will be fun. I have waited long enough to go down this road.

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
No I took it to Mies, it's a very long drive but those guys really seem to work with me, whether it was the updates or this clutch deal. I figure they treated me good so I'll keep the service stuff to them when I have exhausted all my abilities.

Sold the house in 12 days, now just have to sweat it out till the closing in a month in a 1/2. I'm a bit nervous in case it don't go through but they paid what I wanted minus the closing costs so that's not too bad.

Clutch alingment on this sled I don't think has ever been looked at closely, it's always been at the end of the day or in the back of my truck on the way home etc. Hopefully these guys got it right this time, I will add a smidge more cooling and see what prevails this coming year.

Thanks for the good wishes, it will be fun. I have waited long enough to go down this road.

Well hopefully they got it all figured out for ya....good luck to ya....

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I knew that you had to have some sort of issue to be lossing belts on the D7. I had that sled for 3 years and never lost a belt. Good to know it panned out for you. With all the bad talk about Polaris, I had the last three years of solid riding with only one small issue (taken care of by warranty). My 09 D8 is still ticking along just great!

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
I still think the D7 was Polaris best out of the box sled ever made all the way around. You sure don't hear the complaints that the D8 gets or other OEMS for that matter. It's a shame it's not available any more, or is it? Time will tell.

Premium Features