• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 m8 problems

M8CAT

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2008
was riding sunday lots off powder over the hood. Seen a spot maybe so stopped looked, hit the rev button to back up, sled died like I hit the kill switch. took belt off, buddy picked rear of sled up, turned secondary forward and track goes in rev. So it is stuck in rev but I lost spark also?????? Will have more info after work today thanks.....

M8CAT

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2008
went home at lunch, fired right up, took it out of rev, put it back in acouple of times all working fine. any ideas of what would have cause that?????

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
Might check the throttle lever to make sure it wasn't setting off the sensor that prevents a frozen cable to get stuck at WOT. Don't know the name of the sensor, but it's the little click you can hear inside the throttle lever if you move the front back and forth. Acts like a kill switch.

Mine was giving me problems this weekend, killing the machine off of idle. Until I figure out a bent LHT piece was preventing the throttle lever from moving freely.

Maybe you hit the throttle lever & killed it at exactly the same moment it was going into reverse, only engaging it part way? Just a guess ...

Last edited:
Premium Features