• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 M8 backfires when shutdown hot.

A
Dec 1, 2007
Alaska
My sled is new although an 07, just bought it off the showroom in January. When it's hot and I shut it down, after idling for a couple seconds, it backfires. Does anyone else have this problem?

It's also pretty boggy on the bottom when I first start it hot but I'm assuming that's the fuel pressure problem I've read about on here.

Only mod is an MBRP can.

A
Nov 26, 2007
ANC, AK
Some people can run Can's on their M7's and others can't, not sure about the M8! I tried 2 different cans and they both caused bog so I took them off. My M7 will pop a little if I've really had it pinned in deep snow and its a little warmer outside! Yesterday up at Placer mine backfired for the first time of the season!

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
The bog is most likely caused by the MBRP can since the 800 laydown motor doesnt like many cans if any ( some people can use them with no bog others can't) and i have heard the most bog issues with the MBRP can. If you let your sled idle for 30-60 seconds before you shut it down that should help the backfiring a lot, mine did the same thing for a while.

S
Dec 8, 2008
Eagle Point, Oregon
The back fire happens with all makes from poo, doo, cat, on the larger engines. it will happen more when you are riding hard come to a stop and then shut her down. fuel in the hot pipe ignites causing a back fire. Don't worry about the back fire. Yami being a 4 stroke doesn't have this problem, but also doesn't need the back pressure to build hp.

Premium Features