• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 m7 not running quite right....??

M

magician

Jul 9, 2001
So. East, Idaho
:confused: The sled usually runs great. The last few times out it acts like it has a fuel problem. Before the last ride we checked the hose from the ecu, cleaned the exhaust valves, set the length on the servo cables and changed the spark plugs. Still not working right.
When going along at about 4500 rpm's it doesn't run clean. It acts like it is missing. When you accelerate it pulls hard up to 7000 rpm's and then just shuts off and goes back to about 6000 rpm's. Kind of like the injectors are shutting off.
I haven't checked the fuel pump pressure. Not sure what it is suppose to be set at and where you check it. I guess I can't rule out electrical problems either. Any ideas??

R
Jul 22, 2008
It could be a bad ground we had a problem like that and put it on a track stand inside at night ran it up let it go down and watched for sparks and finally found a broken wire the was grounding out we took it to the local dealer 5 or 6 times before we finally figured it out

T
Lots of people are having the same issue, myself included. I have ruled out the obvious and am left with the fuel pressure as well. I have heard it is supposed to be from 42-47 psi. I will be checking mine tomorrow. The tuning guys say that 40 psi at WOT is the sweet spot. I have a brass T that I can screw in a guage to read fuel pressure. Quick question how many miles on your sled?

Premium Features