• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 m7 fouling issues ??????

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
06 m7 fouling plugs left and right . 43psi fuel pressure like always and premix like always . it has always ran top notch . always ran redline oil at 40:1 and 92 octane gas . well redline is to much $ now so i went to klotz at 32:1 and 87octane thats all i have changed . could it be just the fuel ????? any ideas would be great . runs good but fouling plugs while boondockin gets me into a few tight spots when not needed . would hotter plugs help ??? should i change back to 92octane and 40:1 klotz ???
thanx
mike

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
i had been using 2 plugs a ride and it was just the oil i was using,on my o6efi,m7,went back to artic oil and never use them like that again:D

i kinda was wondering about the oil . worked good in my poo but questioning it on my kitty now !!!
thanx
mike :D

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
no it is kinda weird . they look ok but wet . it is either the oil or fuel im guessing . im gonna try the cat or redline oil with 92 octane and 40:1 again and see what happens i guess !!!
mike:D

G
Jan 29, 2009
Walla Walla, Washington
Ran into the same problem...

Attached to your oil pump is 3 banjo valves that meter your oil intake. Take them off and apply them to a vacuum source(such as a shopvac). They should all equally open at 5" of mercury and hold 3". If one doesn't hold the 3" it's hogging all the oil. Ran into the same problem on my M7. I'm almost positive that is what your promlem is because it happened to me twice. Luckily it was the center valve that was failing only.

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
Attached to your oil pump is 3 banjo valves that meter your oil intake. Take them off and apply them to a vacuum source(such as a shopvac). They should all equally open at 5" of mercury and hold 3". If one doesn't hold the 3" it's hogging all the oil. Ran into the same problem on my M7. I'm almost positive that is what your promlem is because it happened to me twice. Luckily it was the center valve that was failing only.

i run premix !!! i do not have an oilpump on my sled . but thanx for the ideas !!!

M
Nov 26, 2007
Newfoundland
Just mix whatever your using now at 40:1. Its obvious that if you put more oil in the tank it will foul plugs. Decent oil is oil and saying you need to mix one more than any other is just engineer talk. Great in theory on paper, but in real life its just BS.
Ive been running my 06 at 52:1 since new and no problems in 4000 miles.

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
Just mix whatever your using now at 40:1. Its obvious that if you put more oil in the tank it will foul plugs. Decent oil is oil and saying you need to mix one more than any other is just engineer talk. Great in theory on paper, but in real life its just BS.
Ive been running my 06 at 52:1 since new and no problems in 4000 miles.

what elevation u running at ? 52:1 seems a lil crazy :eek:but i guess if u can do it !
thanx

Premium Features