• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 M7 Bumper ripped off!

This is my first year on a Cat, and I saw this one coming the day I purchased my sled.

I'm riding a 06 M7 and today I put myself in a nice "Snow Grave". A couple guys grabbed the back bumper to lift the sled and they ripped the thing off!

So, what are my options for aftermarket bumpers? Anyone create their own bumper with flap and tail light? .....that's not plastic!

What moron from Arctic Cat decided to put a plastic bumper on a sled?

Thanks for your help!

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Take a look at the BDX bumper mod for that sled. Do a search, should be able to find tons of info on it.

M
Nov 29, 2007
Goodrich, ND
I would do the 09 conversion, with the board supports and bumper from bdx. You really must have pulled on the stocker hard....I've abused ours perty bad...with no problems at all.

I would do the 09 conversion, with the board supports and bumper from bdx. You really must have pulled on the stocker hard....I've abused ours perty bad...with no problems at all.

They tore the bolts right out of the tunnel! Riding with big guys is a good thing when your stuck, but I guess it can cause damage also! :D

I've seen BDX's bumper, and I don't really like the way it looks. Will the '09 conversion work with the bolt holes being blown out?

M
Nov 26, 2007
Newfoundland
Must be some strong friends you ride with. Ive had my 06 stuck bad enuf that me and 2 buddies couldnt lift it out by the rear bumper and Im the smallest at 215lbs. I think you have an isolated situation. Stick the stock one back on there and dont worry about it. I find the double handle a lot better than the regular straight across bumper especially when you have 2 guys lifting.

cjfarm11

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Laurel,mt
I wrecked my BDX rear bumper and tunnel and cooling lines this weekend. Had to be towed home! I like what the BDX does but i don't think it is very strong. Just my 2 Cents

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
They tore the bolts right out of the tunnel! Riding with big guys is a good thing when your stuck, but I guess it can cause damage also! :D

I've seen BDX's bumper, and I don't really like the way it looks. Will the '09 conversion work with the bolt holes being blown out?

Does'nt matter how big the guys are, the sled is still the same weight! Your bolts must have been loose or something amiss with the mount. I've picked the whold sled in the air with them, pulled sleds out off some real knarly places, and rolled them down the hills into the trees, and the only one I ever broke was doing a wheelie on bare ground and drug it.

C

cowkiller

Nov 26, 2007
Eugene Or.
My riding buddy did the BDX kit on his 07 M1000 and last weekend my wife rear ended him going about 2-3 miles per hour.
It pushed the cooler/snowflap forward and sucked the tunnel down for about 2" we carefully straightened the cooler (no leaks) and we will have to pound the tunnel out flat again later this spring.
I am looking at the VE stuff to cover the damaged area. I was going to do this BDX mod to my M8 but not now.there is NO protection for the cooler! I feel really bad about the damage to his tunnel but she just bumped him! She must have hit him JUST Right.
I had a VE tunnel on my thundercat mod and it was quite a bit more substancial than the BDX tin foil option.
Does anyone have any pics of a VE bumper mod?

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
love the bdx bumper kit, i guess just watch who you ride with;) have towed, banged and bashed with mine and no problems...

stripe

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2003
selah wa
i did the VE one and love it

sled10.jpg

sled11.jpg

sled13.jpg

sled17.jpg

Stripe that looks cool!

Well I think I'm going with the stock bumper and just reinforce where the bolts ripped through. I really like the VE, but I don't really want to shell out the money. I purchased '93 Jeep Wrangler tonight, so my priorities changed a little. ;)

Does anyone have a stock bumper for a '06 M7 they want to sell?

Premium Features