• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 IQR 800 worth trading for 08 nytro

P
Jan 15, 2008
A guy wants to trade me his 08 yamaha nytro with 2000 mi for my 06 IQR 800 mod on pump gas twin pipes the works what should I do, I like to ditch bang and boondock in the UP mich thanks

G
Dec 1, 2007
Dont do it you will be sorry

A guy wants to trade me his 08 yamaha nytro with 2000 mi for my 06 IQR 800 mod on pump gas twin pipes the works what should I do, I like to ditch bang and boondock in the UP mich thanks

Dont do it you will be sorry. I know of a guy that did the same thing and he was pissed he did it. Keep the IQR 800, Bruce

G
Nov 28, 2008
MN
I use to live in the UP of MI.. I never saw yammy 4 strokes used much as off trail bush beaters.. They seemed to stick with groomed trails. Everyone I have known with a yammy 4 stroke has not been happy with it off trail. on trail they love them. I am talking talking the short tracks.

I

intmid8or!

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 14, 2007
IQR is an awesome chassis, as a 121 440/600 or a modded out mountain machine. Vote no for 4 stroke.
DSCN2574.jpg
[/IMG]

P
Jan 9, 2008
That is 1 sweet looking IQR. I have a Nytro w/stage II turbo that I use for a MTN sled and unsess you have plans for a charger or turbo I doubt you'd be very happy,they just don't do it stock(for my personal riding) My other or daily driver is a D8 w/boondocker turbo and that or somthing along that line would be a better choice for off trail/boondockin/ditch bangin than a nytro Just my 2 cents

P
Jun 29, 2008
Freeborn, MN
I wouldn't even trade my 06 IQR 600 for a Nytro, much less an IQR 800 for a Nytro. There is nothing unique about having a Nytro. There aren't that many IQR's out there, especially one with an 800 in it. Yeah, I realize there are plenty of IQRs with bigger motors, but you are far less likely to meet another IQR than you are to meet a Nytro. IMO, that is worth something. I've put the time in to ride a unique sled that I love, if I wanted a stock "out of the box" sled, I would have wanted one, but since I've built mine I can take pride in knowing that I went the extra mile to get the exact sled I wanted. The options are endless when it comes to the IQRs.

Listen to Bruce, he did a great job with his IQR 800.

Chad

Last edited:
C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
So you want to go from a sled that weighs 530 RTR full of gas/oil to a a 650 RTR sled that makes less hp and doesn’t handle as good, not as strong, and not as custom?

My vote is…..I got a Sweet XLT I will trade you!

P
Jan 15, 2008
iqr 800

I liked the realiabilty idea and not having to watch egt gauges all day and burp the throttle down the trail to get to the play areas but Iam used to it so Iam just going to keep it I though the nytro would be worth more when it comes time to sell $$$$$$$$$$$$$ if anybody would by it

P
Jan 15, 2008
iqr 800

exactly what I was thinking jet fuel but sound like the nytros lost value and is worth the same as what I got form what the guys on here tell me

J
Oct 12, 2002
Idaho, Meridian
exactly what I was thinking jet fuel but sound like the nytros lost value and is worth the same as what I got form what the guys on here tell me

Well I guess that changes things a bit then, I did a small block 797 in mine and helped fit the stingers on a 910 BB in a racer, if your 800 is a big block 8, I would keep it cause thats some work fitting those in compared to an HO/ves one(as I'm sure you know).

On edit: there are some good deals on racers compared to when I bought mine, kinda a tough call.

Premium Features