• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 900 RMK wiring

D
Had fuel tank off today to check things out back there and found a connector off ECU just hanging there. Checked wiring diagram in manual and can't find any reference to it. Looking at ECU from rear of sled the 2 wires exit from the main ECU plug on right hand side. 1 wire is black\blue which is sensor ground and the other is purple or violet. They both go into a small white 2 pin connector. Can't find any where to connect it. Thought it might be DET sensor being violet, but that's on other ECU plug and a different style connector. I don't remember having a spare plug when the engine was out last year so it's bugging me. Any one else with an 06 care to clue me in.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I remember thinking the same thing when I pulled my engine.I was pretty careful to mark all the wires and it was not marked so I just went with it and it ran fine and I never noticed anything not working.That was 2 seasons ago! point is I think its an extra for something

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
same one on my brothers isn't connected to anything either but sled runs fine. i think it is and extra one.

J
Jan 20, 2009
Iowa
TTT

I recently pulled my 2006 700 engine out and found the same wire going to nowhere. While putting it back together, I was getting a bit nervous when I couldn't find where it went.

Did we ever figure out what the purpose of this wire is?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Had fuel tank off today to check things out back there and found a connector off ECU just hanging there. Checked wiring diagram in manual and can't find any reference to it. Looking at ECU from rear of sled the 2 wires exit from the main ECU plug on right hand side. 1 wire is black\blue which is sensor ground and the other is purple or violet. They both go into a small white 2 pin connector. Can't find any where to connect it. Thought it might be DET sensor being violet, but that's on other ECU plug and a different style connector. I don't remember having a spare plug when the engine was out last year so it's bugging me. Any one else with an 06 care to clue me in.

TTT

I recently pulled my 2006 700 engine out and found the same wire going to nowhere. While putting it back together, I was getting a bit nervous when I couldn't find where it went.

Did we ever figure out what the purpose of this wire is?

I JUST yanked the motor from my wifes 06 700 just to find this wire...no im kidding, but i did just get the motor out about 10mins ago to check evertying out and get the compfusion mounts installed..

anyways..the wiring harness you are both talking about is also unplugged on hers..so there is no concern about it...i bet its either some sort of test plug or maybe something the dealer uses to reflash the ECU..

no worries..just leave it as is..maybe tape the end up so it stays clean, install your motor and rid ethe hell outta it..

i love these sled :D:beer;:cool:

J
Jan 20, 2009
Iowa
Guidoxpress -

Could you post a pic of that wire and connector while you have the engine out? It'd really round out this thread nicely, maybe make it a good candidate for a sticky under the 900 section.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
here is THE wire ye speak of..

i will guarantee that it does NOT plug into anything currently on the sled..i am certain its for "other purposes"..dealer plug in, reflash, trouble shooting..something..

no worries..cap it off, be careful it is not chaffing and BAM! your off! :D

wire.jpg

Premium Features