• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 RMK 900 sputters and quits...

F
Dec 18, 2019
RMK 900...Its starts and runs great for a few minutes, then when I hop on the throttle it sputters and quits. I shut the key off, turn it back on, it starts right up and does the same thing again. WTH ??

B

BV Greg

Mar 8, 2013
Benicia, CA
I'm by no means an expert, but have had similar issues and tried a bunch of things listed on the forum here. I would check the TPS wire harness first because it's a pretty easy fix. The wires on that harness are crappy and have a tendency to break. When that happens, the throttle lets a bunch of air in, but the injectors don't know to spray fuel, so the sled bogs. Mine seemed to intermittently screw up before it ran so bad that the check engine light came on and it wouldn't run once you give it gas.

Polaris and aftermarket sells a pigtail that you can splice on to replace the old connector. That seemed to fix my problem, but now apparently my replacement harness is crapping out, because my sled is starting to do the same thing and it runs better if you jiggle the TPS wires.

Is your check engine light on?

Premium Features