• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 RMK 900 findings.

G
Dec 13, 2021
New Mexico
Still new to sleds, but off to a good start. After purchasing an 05 RMK 900 with 550 miles, and reading up on the posts here, I dug into the machine to check for any of the common issues. First I found the oil cable was broken and the throttle cable was hanging by a thread, so while replacing those, I decided to check the reeds, and found them in good shape as well as they appeared to be aftermarket. Upon a closer look at the equipment I realized there were several aftermarket parts, such as air box, muffler, and what appeared to be updated motor mounts. The biggie for me was finding that the clutch had been nicely balanced with ten holes drilled along the outer edge. I peered into the intake and exhaust ports and did not see any scoring on the cylinder walls or the piston skirts, in fact they appeared to have seen little use. Not sure what if anything else has been done to the machine.

I live in the mountains at 9,000 elevation, and have had two recent snow days, so I was able to play with it yesterday. It runs very smooth throughout the RPM range and handles my 230 lb body as if I was a rag doll. I am used to competition racing of quads, bikes and quarter mile cars, so I know the feel of supercharged nitrous wielding high horsepower fire breathing machinery, and that being said am very impressed with the speed and torque this thing has. I also bought a Vertical Escape 800 which performs extremely well, but it cannot touch the 900 in speed, even though it has the longer track. both have 1-3/4" lugs.

So far I am very pleased!!!!

12-16-2021 Collen (2).JPG

Premium Features